[Resolved]  Godrej Refrigerator — After Sales Service

My overall experience with Godrej has been very bad. I had bought a 240 L refrigerator in 2004 which had issues right from day 1. Thanks to the dealer from whom I bought the fridge, he, after a lot of efforts, got it replaced in a month's time.

1. In 2005, I went for a 4 year AMC with Godrej. I do not recall anyone coming and even checking if the fridge is working fine. I only got calls from the service center where I was asked a convenient time for the service engineer's visit, which never happened in the 4 years.

2. Last week, I registered a complaint with Godrej Customer care about my fridge not working. The Service Engineer came as scheduled and gave an estimate of around INR 3500/- with a caveat that after spending this amount, he will see if the compressor is working and if not, another INR 2500 would be required to be spent. I then approached a reputed dealer in Pune whose engineer repaired my fridge with a cost of INR 1600.

The above 2 incidents reflect very poorly on a reputed India conglomerate. I definitely would not recommend anyone the Godrej brand.

Godrej Appliances