[Resolved]  GPO Kolkata/Speed Post — Delay in Receiving Passport

My son Suvajit Hajra Chaudhuri applied for an Indian passport from Regional Passport Office, Kolkata on 29/07/09. The passport was supposed to be delivered on 03/08/09 through Speed Post. Further, my son was informed by RPO, Kolkata through e-mail that the passport has been despatched via speed post no. SP430 dt. 10/8/09. The copy of the message is given below:
From: rpo.kolkata <rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in>

Passport has been despatched vide speed post no SP430 dt. 10/08/09

Thanks.
R.P.O
KOLKATA
Today, I enquired from Kolkata GPO through telephone (no. [protected]) and came to know from Mr. Ramesh Sahu that the passport has been received at GPO on 11/08/09 and barcode is yet to be provided. He also informed me that 14/08/09 would be the earliest date the passport could be received at my residence at Durgapur. This is surprising as Durgapur is only 3 hrs. journey by road or rail from Kolkata and normal post is received on 3rd day of the posting. Then what is the meaning of speed post?
I earnestly request for delivering the passport at my residence by 13/08/09.

Comments

My passport was despatched from passport office on 01.01.2010 and the amazing thng is that today is 10.01.2010 and i have not yet received my passport. I stay in hindmotor which is an hour away from kolkata passport head office. Is there any 1 who is going to tell me that what does "SPEED POST " means.
Sir, my wife had applied for PASSPORT FROM HEAD POST OFFICE OF BANKURA, DIST- BANKURA, WEST BENGAL ON[protected] and from that time onwords i have not received the passport yet.Lot of times i contacted to the REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE, KOLKATA AND LATER ON TO THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS & PRIME MINISTER OFFICE.ON[protected] I RECEIVED A MAIL FROM RPO KOLKATA THAT PASSPORT THEY HAD SEND BUT RETURNED UNDELIVERED.THEY HAD GIVEN ME THE DETAILS OF THE SPEED POST NUMBER BUT NOW THE HEAD POST OFFICE OF BANKURA DISTRICT IS TELLING THAT THE NUMBER IS WRONG, SO THEY CANT HELP ME.NOW HERE WITH I AM ATTACHING THE DETAILS OF THE LETTER THAT THE RPO KOLKATA HAD SEND ME.PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NOW.
THANKING YOU

"APO(PG)" <grv.[protected]@mea.gov.in>
Cc:
[protected]@yahoo.co.in
Madam,

Please refer to your fax message vide no PRO/PG/135/2010 dt. 20/01/2010 regarding passport application of Smst Moon Ghosh, file no W000404/09

Passport no. H6700758 dt 07/09/09 has been despatched vide speed post no SP 002929 dt. 10/09/09, but the said passport has been returned to this office as undelivered vide no UD 1941/09 dt. 22/09/09.
This is for your kind information.
Regards.
R.P.O
KOLKATA
Respected Sir ;
I have applied for my passport in the year 2008, JANUARY. FILE NO : A 000906.
For next one year i did not receive any notice or communication regarding the passport.
Lossing all my patience i reached your kolkata regional passport office to enquire about
the status of my passport. After waiting for 3 hrs i was informed that i need to submit all
documents because the passport office has received the envelop which suppose to contain my
documents but was apparently lost in midway. What a perfect example of responsibility.
I had to submit all my documents again after 13 months from the application date.
Waiting impatiently, I got the knock on my door from your investigation officer after another
4 months. with all his assurance and my hope i was waiting for the passport to arrive any day.
another 6 months passed away. I walked to the regional office 3 times, each time had to wait
for several hours in the enquiry window to return back due to excessive queue due to only
2 window being operational. I work in a MNC and we cant get so much time to spare. I have tried
my best to avail information but failed. I visited despatched office to learn that the passport
has beed despatched dated 19.08.2009, No: 24393.
I have still not received my passport. please look into the matter as its difficult to trace any
information abt the missing passport.

thanking you;

VISHAL SAHA
21, SOUTHERN AVENUE.
AVANI RESIDENCY. FLAT 3A.
KO;KATA - 700 026

(M) : [protected]
(R) :[protected]
Dear Sir/Madam

Pl. confirmed that speed post section working on sunday or not and the time of working hour.

Dilip Kumar Sharma
I Purshottam Garani of Lake Town applied for my grand son passport to GPO Kolkata and recived within 20 days from the date of apply.Thanks for quick action
Sir.
i am babul hossain i amapply for one Regional Passport but wat is problem please givd me Passport

my address
dirstic_ jalpaiguri
pin no__ 735218

E MAIL ID ____ [protected]@REDIFFMAIL.COM
PASSPORT File Ref.:PAT-A069902/09 application date 23/6/09

Kindly do the needful/take serious action, as till date I have not received my passport and have been Fed-up from Passport office. I am suffering too much due to this.
Waiting for your reply.
I'll be very thankful to you.

--- On Thu, 12/5/11, raju maskara <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Date: Monday, 9 May, 2011, 9:44 AM

--- On Sat, 9/4/11, raju maskara <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Date: Saturday, 9 April, 2011, 6:13 PM

Waiting for your reply.
I'll be very thankful to you.

--- On Sat, 9/4/11, raju maskara <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Cc: rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in
Date: Saturday, 9 April, 2011, 6:05 PM

No action till date has been taken, several times we have submitted the copy of BIRTH CERTIFICATE to Patna Office, but no proper response has been taken, once again we are attaching a soft copy of DATE OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY MUNICIPAL CORPORATION.
NOW KINDLY ARRANGE TO SEND THE PASSPORT AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

Karpuri Asthan Road, Near Masjid,

Date: Friday, 18 March, 2011, 8:46 AM

--- On Sat, 12/3/11, raju maskara <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Cc: grv.[protected]@mea.gov.in, rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in
Date: Saturday, 12 March, 2011, 3:35 PM

BIRTH CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY NAGAR NIGAM, BEGUSARAI ALREADY SENT BY REGISTERD POST TO PASPORT OFFICE, PATNA, LONG BACK, A COPY ALSO GIVEN TO COUNTER AT PATNA(LADIES WHO WAS SEATING AT COUNTER NOT ISSUED ANY RECEIPT AND ASSURED THAT BIRTH CERTIFICATE COPY WILL BE ENCLOSED IN FILE AND PASSPORT WILL BE SEND ), AGAIN ENCLOSING A SOFT COPY.
YOU HAVE ALSO INSTRUCTED FOR FOLLOW UP BUT TILL DATE NO PASSPORT ISSUED
KINDLY LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND TAKE SUITABLE ACTION.
THANKING YOU.
YOURS FAITHFULLY
AADYA MASKARA
--- On Tue, 8/3/11, raju maskara <[protected]@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Cc: rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in
Date: Tuesday, 8 March, 2011, 2:12 PM

Till date I had not received my Passport and no proper response is being taken from Passport Office.Kindly take some action against it and follow up for proper response.

--- On Mon, 11/10/10, APO(PG) <grv.[protected]@mea.gov.in> wrote:

From: APO(PG) <grv.[protected]@mea.gov.in>
Subject: Re: File Ref.:PAT-A069902/09 application date 23/6/09
To: "rpo.patna" <rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in>
Cc: "raju maskara" <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Monday, 11 October, 2010, 3:06 PM

Please take up for Necessary Action.

For SO (PG)

----- Original Message -----
Date: Monday, October 11, 2010 7:20 am
Subject: File Ref.:PAT-A069902/09 application date 23/6/09
To: "rpo.patna" <rpo.[protected]@mea.gov.in>

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Sir

Birth certificate already sent by spped post on 23/04/10
Copy of application and Birth certificate again enclosed for your ready referance.
Kindly send Passport.
Yours faithfully
Aady Maskara
11/10/10
Dear Sir / Madam,
As per present status passport (of my wife and child) has been despatched on 12/7/2011, vide File No. F014276 and A066389 and got challan no. SP010663 & SP010752. But not getting the Speed post No. (13 digit) to search the despatch status with Post office.
Is it possible to get that number for both ?
Sir

I beg to draw your kind attention that my application for passport along with necessary fees was
sent by santiniketan post office on 12.02 11 pin 73123 by SPEED POST PASSPORT SERVICE from name Sagar nath Mallik city Bolpur SBI D.D no.446639 Rs 1000/ File no.CAL w61019311 Key no.[protected] dt.12.02.11 stating expected date of delivery after 90 days.Grievance Registration no.MEAPD/E/2011/02698. KINDLY EXPEDIATE ISSUE of the passport. 9 months have passed in the mean time. THANKS.

Yours faithfully

Sagar nath Mallik

Makrampur (near Durgamandir)

Bolpur 731204 BIRBHUM
sir, My passport application date:19-10-11, File number:K010326, Which was despatched by post on[protected], Vide postal registration number-SP016369.Today is[protected], not received yet, WHAT TO DO? MY ADDRESS:SUSHOVAN MISRA POST:Tengramari, VILL:Moranga, DIST:Coochbehar, PIN:735210 MY EMAIL ADDRESS:[protected]@gmail.com . MOB NO:[protected]
Dear sir/Madam,
My passport (File No. A 106827 of dt. 20.10.11) has been despatched on 6.6.2012. The despatch No is SP-026354 but till date I didnt receive the passport. Can you tell the reason please?

Reuben Ranglong
Dear sir/Madam,
File Reference Number : CAL-A[protected] Application Date :[protected]
Applicant's Name : REUBEN RANGLONG Applicant's Date of Birth :[protected]

STATUS :
Passport has been despatched by post on[protected] vide postal Registration Number SP026354

Above is the status of my passport, today is the 17th day from the date of despatch yet it hasnt reach to me. Can you please help?

Reuben Ranglong