[Resolved]  HDFC Bank Bank Credit Card — Reversal

I made full payments as per statement received...

Even in next statement they showed some amount...

When i called customer care.. They agreed to reversed the amount.. But revresed only finance charges & when i called again they confirmed that reversal will be done...

but the same thing was not done.. now they have accumulated the amount and started troubling by sending letters...

They are not agreeing to the thing that i have called & confimation by executive was made for reversal... (they are saying there is no such records for the call...)
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

As per telephonic conversation with you last evening, I am once again (almost 50th time) mentioning the scenario that happened which has resulted in such a ciaos.

A transaction of Rs. 299/- reflects into my Credit Card statement for the month of October 2007. There are other expenses as well. However the mentioned transaction does not belong to me. I haven’t that transaction. Keeping in mind the relation I share with the bank, I paid the remaining amount and kept doing so till April 2008. However a complaint was logged with the credit card department in November 2007 'HBL=[protected]' is the reference number.

The bank time and again assured me that they on the verge of resolving the issue. Considering the positive approach I kept clearing all my outstanding (much greater then Rs. 299/-) till April. Finally after 6 months of chain mails, I found that all the commitments the bank was making are fraudulent and they are in no ways willing to resolve the issue. (Imagine a bank of such a Caliber takes more then 10 months now to resolve a issue worth Rs. 299/-). In my later communications also I have always said that hence forth I will make the payments only when the bills are clear and transparent. Throughout this period bank has levied late fee and Finance charges for non-payment. Whereas in every communication of mine I had made very clear that I will pay all the bills barring the objectionable amount, as I don’t want to run behind the bank authorities nagging for my own money, as I have to do now (one more example of how Bank assures best of their Extortion services).

On June 14th another individual from HDFC BANK visits my residence and takes Rs. 200/- from me promising me that the matter will be sorted out in seven working days. And today is the day that once again shows how fraudulent the bank authorities are in their operations.

A couple of days back I get a call from HDFC BANK, where a round of question answer happened. She made the following points and said that had done this I could have got a clear waiver on the objectionable charges.
The following are the points:
1. I should have given a complaint in 30 days of statement.
2. I could have barred the objectionable amount and paid the rest of the dues.

I have done all of these things, I have mentioned my Complaint ref number, communication started within 10 days of statement. I have been paying the amount I have spent for 6 months after the issue occurred. Just realizing that I fulfill all the requisites to be eligible to fight back on this issue, the lady eats her words back. She then alters her stand and says that since I have the card, I am liable of paying all this charges and including the late fees and everything relative. My only question was then today I have a card and the bank is charging me Rs. 299/- by un ethical means. Tomorrow this amount will rise to 3000 and then may be 30, 000. As a customer don’t I have a right to deny an expense that I haven’t incurred?

Little did she check into my profile and credit history, I haven’t defaulted any credit card bills (over 3 years now) my Savings account has a good flow of funds(over 4 years) Every month I make an investment of around 7, 000/- from HDFC bank Account. I have paid Credit Card bills of amounts much greater then this, I own Credit Cards of all the possible banks in the country with much greater credit limits……… It should be logical enough for anyone to understand that I have no unethical reasons to default any payment for my first bank that I am banking with since my teenage and over 4 years now. I feel that’s what HDFC BANK has trained their employees in CREDIT CARD Division – Extortion. That’s what the call appeared like, and this is what honest feedback I have given to the lady.

Today because of all this reasons My HDFC BANK account is frozen with a fund approximating to 5000/- A check of 349/- has already bounced back from my account and a late fee of 350/- for an amount of Rs 349/- is levied on to my account. Now how much logical is this? Isn’t this Extortion, a false way to raise the Banks revenues? I have plenty of SIPS coming to my account and now I am fearful that even If I deposit some currency into the account the authorities will freeze it, hampering my investments, credit report and credit history. And all this is happening for no mistake of mine, or probably the only mistake is that I am banking with HDFC BANK.

Thanks to Ritu, for paying kind attention to issue. I hope this request wont fall on deaf ears, I am willing to come across meet the required the personnel and resolve the issue at one go, if its done by ethical & honest ways, else I would have to resort to Legal means for an issue of Rs. 299/- which is I guess shameful for both the parties, and at the same time to terminate my all existing relation with the bank.

Hoping an early reply from your end. Feel free to get connected over telephone number mentioned below.

Thanks & Regards