[Resolved]  HDFC Bank Savings Bank account — Not closing the account even after repeated requests

Respected Sir / Madam,

I have an account with HDFC bank, Koramangala Branch, Bangalore, Karnataka which I want to close. I had given a account closure request at HDFC bank, Opp Dist Hospital, Belgaum, Karnataka. Even though I have no obligations or liabilities associated with HDFC, they are not closing my account and are mentally harassing me by creating some non-sense reasons. I have all the required documents to prove that I am free from all obligations and I also have the recorded conversation with some of the bankers. Now, they have started deducting some amount from my account unnecessarily. Even after repeated requests since 2008, the bank personnel's at Belgaum and Bangalore are not responding properly to my request for closing the savings bank account (SB a/c). They are keeping me in a dark room in this process. Please give me a proper solution. Thank you.

Mr. Shashank. M. Hiremath
+[protected]

Comments

I to have problem in closing my account with HDFC bank. Actually it takes 10 to 15 minutes to close a SB Account. In case of HDFC Bank it takes 7 days to close an account. In case of standing instructions it takes one month time to cancel standing instruction. Service wise it is very poor and interest rates are very high. Actually goal loans are very costlier in HDFC bank. They will charge 750 rupees even for bank customer and interest rate is very high i.e 14% in case of HDFC bank up to 1 lakh but in other branches it is 11% for 2 lakhs. Interest will be deducted for 6 months from the loan sanctioned. Service wise HDFC IS WORST.

HDFC Savings Bank account — Withdrawing and Charging Fees

I have an HDFC saving account which to the best of my knowledge is a zero balance account. On 11th January, the bank withdrawn an amount of Rs.1600 as AQB SER CHGS INC ST & CESS OCT-DEC2010.

I don't know for what reason the amount was withdrawn.

Complaint categoryCategory: Banks