[Resolved]  Honda-Activa — Scratches and rash handling of vehicles given for service

Dear Honda Activa owners in Chennai (particularly Didar customers),

I have bought Honda-Activa in the month of February'09 in my wife's name(Uma Maheswari) and the Vehicle Registration No is TN22BD6197 (Engine No is 5662634). I gave the vehicle for the first service after one month, wherein they just check a few things and replace engine oil and the overall servicing time may take a few minutes only. I gave the vehicle for service the previous day noon time and was told that the delivery will happen only the next day evening. I felt disappointed but did not rush them, as I felt I came late and went back to collect the vehicle after service the next day. To my horror, I found the vehicle which came to the delivery zone with severe scartches on the right side at few places, more badly scratched on the right side of the sticker area below the seat. I complained to the supervisor there and to defend them, I was immediately showed their job card which mentioned `Sctratch on the RHS near sticker'. I was astonished to read that and blasted them that that neither such a bold scratch nor the comment regarding the scratch wasn't there when they took the vehicle for service and it is apparent that they could write any thing as they like to safe guard their position, as the job card is with them only and not in our control. I also proved to them that the scratch was just fresh that upon touching the scratched area, the dust particles began to fall down. The supervisor told me that the concerned person is not available and asked me to leave the vehicle and take it the next day and that they will paint it and may change the sticker too, as it was also damaged. Everybody knows how the painting quality is with the dealer as compared to a show room look and told them I would come some other time to get that done. I took it in writing from them at the back of their bill and also mentioned my disappointment of their rough handling of my vehicle and the damages caused in their job card.

The way their service technicians handle the vehicles itself proves that we are living and handing over our vehicles to them at their mercy and god only knows who would teach them the attitude to handle with care and professionalism. Honda has absolutely no control over this and I feel sad for them. They also depend on these irresponsible dealers and unprofessional service centres to carry on their success in our country. These delaers have space to handle only 50% of the vehicles they handle at present and hence the space constraint and lack of motivation and irresponsible and unacccountable practices in service industry takes the toll on us and we finally pay for their shoody handling of our vehicles at their service centres.

I heard atleast 4 to 5 similar complaints to the service manager in my time at the Didar service centre.
The rough handling of vehicles need to stop and I expect immediate response and remedial action from either Honda officials or Didar management at the earliest.

If any body from Honda company or Didar motors read this, I need a reply and seek urgent remedial action. God only knows what punishment the service team will get which did these blunders. I really wonder what would happen to my vehicle if I had given vehicle for second or future services, which requires greater work on the vehicle servicing and road test etc., I swiftly paid my service charges and took my vehicle in haste as few more time at their service centre will make my vehicle prune to more damages. I only curse myself for living in this country full o[censored]nprofessional managing big businesses and people who do not care for their clients and their belongings.

Chandramouli
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Honda-Activa — Repairing Complain

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to inform you that I am owner of Honda Activa (Chasis No.48413253 & Engine No.424454). I bought the above mentioned scooter in 2004. I had an accident on 15-10-09, As a result my scooter was damaged. I went to Eternal Automobile (City- Bhavnagar & State - Gujarat) which is authorised dealer of Bhavnagar city on next day 16-10-09. They estimated damaged about Rs.8,585.00. I agreed and they promissed to repair in a week. But i am very shocked that 20 days have passed since i gave my scooter to service station, they do not repair the scooter by showing one or other excuses.

As a customer I find it very hard to deal with this people. I am working person, I need scooter regularly to reach the destination of my work place which is very far. I hope you will do needful at your end and ask dealer to repairing or get it repaired as early as possible.

Thanking you,