Huge Crowd — Teasing/ Abusing

Fathima Khurshid

I may be complaining very late, but this should be in your knowledge as there is never late for doing good things.
I stay in Visakhapatnam. In 2008 December, I and some of our friends went to Navy Day celebrations at RK beach, Vizag. There were huge crowd; we were standing at just beside the boundary wall. The program came to end, and we were waiting to come out of the crowd. But the people there especially boys and other male persons behaved in such an abusive way, I don't have words to write. So many of girls fell down and some of them fainted. We thought our lives are ended, that could be the last day of our life. But thanks to god, he saved us.
I complained to the nearby police, but there was no response from them.
The security was not proper. The department should be more careful and provide prompt security for these kinds of public gatherings.
When I discussed this with others, they said I shouldn't have gone to that place or any other public gatherings, because I'm a girl.
Even after 62 years of Independence, in today’s era, women don’t have the freedom and security.
Will the Police come only after any accident or crime to be committed? Can't they prevent these things to happen?
I request you to please consider my request, and take respective action.
Thank you.