[Resolved]  Hyundai Getz Crdi — GETZ Crdi - A white elephant ??

I just dont understand the logic behind the launch of the GETZ Crdi by Hyundai. I have visited Jaybharat Automobiles, Near Century Bazar, Mumbai at least 5/6 times just to take look and feel of the car but on ALL occasions they said that it was not on display forget a test drive !!! Then I asked if any of these cars were actually sold at the showroom. They surprisingly said a firm YES !!! How on earth and who ever bought it remains a mystery. I fail to understand how was this car sold withot it being on display. Anyway. It seems the Company has fitted the same VERNA Crdi engine which has enormous power. Where do we get to speed in Mumbai ? Moreover, theis diesel GETZ is overpriced as compared to the SWIFT Crdi and with lesser features as well. What sense does it make then to buy it ? How will it sell? I wonder what are the numbers actually sold? Forget all that. How does Hyundai believe it would be able to do well with such a ghastly & outrageous offering ? I will not be surprised if it has already been discontinued. I have seen just 1 or 2 Getz Crdi's on Mumbai roads till now in the past 7/8 months or thereabouts.
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 00:11:26
Complaint comments  12 CommentsShare0Tweet0

Comments

Hyundai Getz Crdi — Delivery

I had booked a Hyundai Getz crdi from Popular Hyundai Dealer at Cochin.. I paid the full amount of the car on 22nd of November. The representative informed me of a ten day waiting period before my car is delivered. The colour I had opted for was "Real Earth". This was after specific query with the representative that no undue delay should be there because of colour choice. This was also assured. On 3oth of November I received a call from another sales representative of the dealer asking me if I wanted a silver colour car, or else I would have to wait 2 weeks. Waiting just two weeks was the choice I took. On 4th December, with no news from the dealer, I paid a visit. I was informed that it may take even three weeks more before I would get delivery of my car. I was surprized and shocked. I did not come to expect this of Hyundai. This is not my first car, as I have purchased cars earlier, all from different manufacturers. I have never come across a situation like this; and that too when we are in times when customer service is considered sacred. I sent a mail to Hyundai customer service at the address [protected]@hmil.net on the same day. On a later date 12th of December, when I contacted my representative, he said that 25th December is the final date to look for. On 24th of December, I get the most surprising news from my dealers sales manager. I just would have to wait a little more. “Till February 2008 atleast”. He also said some other cars were delivered. I asked him why I wasn’t informed. No answer. Hyundai customer service has not yet responded. Taking customers for a ride!!! Is it Hyundai or their Dealer??? Whoever is to be blamed, but this is not the way to deal with customers anyway.
Guys!
Dont Ever Belive Popular Hyundai In Kerala. They are real ... They are taking advantage of two gaints Hyundai and Popular (Brand in kerala).

hundai gets crdi — mileage problem

dear sir
i have purchased yours hundai gets crdi car at 2008 from himatnagar ( gujarat )
my car is not giving proper mailage and i have complaint two time to your dealer.But no satisfaction from your side.
pls.give my promblem soluction as fast as possible.
dear deepak...
first of all u were dissappointed by the car coz u were not able 2 see it n expirence it.secondly it cannot be compared with the swift diesel coz the engines are far more different.obviously it has to be priced higher than the swift coz the swift has 1.3 liter engine, 75 [protected]@ 2000 rpm whereas the getz crdi has a whooping 1.5 liter engine, 110 [protected]@4000 rpm.so the moral is these two cars cannot be compared.the getz crdi is a wild monster.u need to drive that beast to understand the difference.then u will b able to understand the simple logic behind the launch of getz crdi.
Hi deepak,
Dont know why r u so irritated wid d car. I don't see any problem with the car i am using the car from almost an year and i was so happy thats cannot be explained. Comeon dont tell me people are not driving BMW merc sports bike in mumbai so whats the pt that where will u drive it in mumbai. Just chweck the Getz Petrol and test drive verna standard model thats what Getz diesel is. car delivering 16KM /Litre with awesome engine power even can beat 1800cc petrol engine comfortable driving and okay with maintainance. This coomon CRDI in verna Ascent and elantra so no problem with spares etc
i swearrrrrrrrr dude ths is actuly a smal josh machine ...
i hv fabia disl ...mondeo petrol 140 hp ...but thn als m crazy fr getz & in 3, 4 days m byng getz crdi
& m gona do ecu mods on it asap...any wh i wana make tht car arund 140 hp
i enqur abt it ...in 33k m abl to incrs arund 35hp of getz
Getz Crdi is a wonderful car. It cannot be compared with any of the swifts(diesel or petrol). Hyundai could have been better at launching and providing test drives for this car. Getz D is a driver's car, its not for just anyone who wants a car. It for someone who enjoys his driving and can handle speed and power with his/her driving intellect.

This is unfortunate that very few people even know about this car. I'm driving it for a few months and i'm more than satisfied with the power, mileage and overall maintenance. One can test drive a Verna diesel to have a feel, it behaves the same. Even marutu does not provide test drive for Dzire Petrol, not even a single dealer in delhi/ncr provides test drive for Dzire petrol. (they suggest test driving the swift petrol, which is not satisfactory)
Hey pal,
U 1st need to get out of Indian mentality (maruti / maruti / maruti ) & start looking beyond it . Dear i[censored] know anything about automobiles, u would not have complained & compared Getz D & Swift. The staggering Power to weight ratio 98bhp/ ton, torque 24Kgm, 110 bhp & a fantastic mileage, is soone pe suhaga.The mentioned numbers says it all...Swift in no where near comparing with getz. Its like comparing pulsar 220 with some 150 cc bike.

And about Engine (all Hyundai diesels), its designed by Detroit Diesels USA. one of the best diesel eng. makers (Diesel Experts having CRDI license) in the world, same co. provides engines in Hummer.

About Space Getz is far far more spacious than Swift & desire. It has got a rare bench of 133.5 cms compared to 129cms of swift & desire. It has got a boot space vol of 295 ltrs that to 230 of swift. It has 60:40 rear seat split ratio, moreover the back seats which can recline in 3 stages.

About Cash..., does anybody knows getz crdi current price is 4.99 lac ex showroom, now it cost same as that of Swift, & cheaper the top end swift.

And Finally, the happiness u have when big & costly cars like Laura, yes Laura, Corolla get beaten & have to vacate the fast lane for this very GETZ Diesel.

Getz is poor mans BMW...

Amit Vadke.
Happy Getzing.
Please drive the car first and then speak about it. If anyone is selling your Getz CRDI, please email me @ satish.k.thiruvenkatam or call me @ [protected] as I am keenly looking for it at any price..
Sorry people, my email address is [protected]@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Hey Deepak

I own a Getz CRDi...I use it for my office, and travelling long distances. This truly is a performance beast. The acceleration you get on the 3rd gear is way much more than what piddley Suzukis can get on the second. It is the fastest accelerating diesel hatchback in india...I have beaten Honda CIvics, Accords, BMW 320-325s, Kept up with 535's, Bentleys and a host of other V8 and V6 engines easily at full throttle. Swifts and 2 litre petrol can even dream of catching up with this machine. (id run around your car in circels with my eyes shut...and id still get a fantastic 14-15 kmpl in the city)...Id love to see a suzuki do a 195km/hr on a clear road and hit a 140 km/hr between mumbai signals. For a swift to match this power, economy and comfort...YOU WILL BREAK YOUR CRANKCASE (literally)...LOL

Ravi Sathe