[Resolved]  Hyundai i10 — Paint peeling off

I bought an i10 Era from Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai in Dec 2008. When it went for its third free servicing in Dec 2009, the paint started peeling off from the bottom of the car and later extended upwards to the sides. HMP said they will repaint it free of cost but this is the first time I have heard of car paint peeling off within a year. The car has done only 2000 km and is parked in a closed garage. Calling the toll free number elicited a response 'it depends on driving condition'. After an email complaint, HMP did send some one home to take photos of the peeled paint but I have had no explanation or even an apology. They took the car and have done a shoddy job of touching up and I am not sure how long that will last. Should the company (it is not a dealer in this case) not be more accountable for its products? I intend following this up and need some advice.

Paint peeling off
Paint peeling off

Comments

Having read the post above I am wondering what happened next. Did youget any satisfactory resolution to the problem?

I bought my Hyundai i10 as new from my local Hyundai dealer in Dec 2009 and received the car in Jan 2010 as it needed to be imported. So, this car is now only 4 years old. To my shock I noticed yesterday numerous large and small blisters in the paint on the front left side, with the paint coming of as soon as touched/ rubbed slightly.

My car is due for inspection, servicing and MOT coming Tuesday at my dealer and I am wondering what they are going to tell me/ what they'll offer to do. I am rather worried what the state of the rest of the car might be like. Do you or does anyone else have any advice?
I have a 2007 santa fe with the same issue... paint peeling on the roof, hood and around the windshield. Was told by local body shop this is a manufacturers defect but good luck getting Hyundai to fix it.

2006 Sonata paint peeling off trunk 40, 000 miles. Took it to the dealer no can help, neither can the maker. I will never buy another and do not encouage any one else. disc player quit, dash cluster had to be replace, sun visor broken.
Today was a very sad day, after having 2 Hyundais I10s over the past 4 years and planning working my way up the range I have today vowed to NEVER to have another. The car has developed a paint flaking issue on the roof, and after visiting Hyundai Bridgend they said it was bird mess, which I can categorically say it wasnt as any mess is removed immediately, especially where fault is on the car. If its not, they say, its some other external force, thus, its NOT covered by warranty, I guess Hyundai are to good to have paint issues...lol. Well its going over the next few months NEVER to be replaced by another, its going to be a Suzuki Swift next time.

Hyundai Motor India Phone
    Hyundai Motor India Address
    5th & 6th Floor, Coporate One (Baani Building), Plot No.5, Commercial Centre, Jasola, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110025