[Resolved]  ICICI Bank Home Loans — ROI on housing loan

I have taken a home loan from ICICI bank on floating rate of interest and they are charging 15% on that at the moment which is much higher than any other bank.Plz do the needful.

Comments

Govt must act on hosuing finance companies who are keeping separate flooting ROI for present costumers and new costumers. I have taken home loan from HDFC at Jan 05 for 20 years in flooting ROI.
Now flooting ROI in Market is 9.5 to 10.5. But HDFC still charging me 12%. From 1st Feb 09. it may decrease to 11.5 % but still it higher than market rate for new costumers.

I strongly agree with Papudass Sunderraj Nadan. This happens due to lack of enough govt regulation on housing finance companies.
I strongly agree with the comments made above. This is not just HDFC but also ICICI too.There are no discrepancies when the loan is from Nationalised banks. However private banks are not customer friendly. I had taken loan in 2002 when the fixed ROI was 11.5%. Later transferred to floating looking at the encouraging ROI of 7.5% in 2004. Now they had increased it upto 14% in October 2008. Now ICICI claims to have done us a favor of reducing it to 13.5%.This was compensated by reducing my EMI and keeping the terms constant without informing.My repayment term constantly increasing looks like ICICI never want us to pay EMI forever. Is there any way to get ICICI in line with the RBI norms.

ICICI Bank