[Resolved] ICICI Prudential Insurance Policy — Providing wrong information to open policy
ICICI Prudential Insurance agents are cheaters. When I went to ICICI Direct branch in Abhimanashree Society to submit KYC documents for my demat account, there was this person who claimed to be an employee (which I believed then but I doubt now). He told me that there is a very good investment opportunity and explained all false promises as below:
1. You have to pay Rs. 50,000/- only once.
2. After 5 years of mandated period, I will get a good money back depending on returns from market.
3. I asked if this is a mutual fund, but he said, it is a bit different than mutual fund and they do invest in Gold and others in addition to shares.
4. I did not get any letter / welcome kit from ICICI Prudential.
5. I went to the same branch after some days and gave him my name and number and he gave me a print out of policy. That is when i realized it is a Insurance policy.
6. I tried to attach the policy to my icici account. It took around 25 days to get it linked.
7. That is when I saw online that my next premium for Rs. 50,000/- is pending. I was not told at all that I will have to pay the amount every year.
8. I called customer care and he asked me to go to branch and cancel the policy. He also submitted a request for welcome kit.
9. But when I read these complaints from other people, I realize I have done a BIG BIG mistake. I am not sure if I would get my money back.
Please do not take any product from ICICI . it seems they are all cheaters waiting there to gulp your money. Bad part is, when I called helpdesk, I realized he had updated my address, phone number and email id all wrong. This must be intentional to not let me know that I have been cheated by ICICI Prudential. I never received any email or kit. PLease do not take any product from ICICI agents. It seems they have a nexus in ICICI Direct branches and sell their products faking as ICICI Direct agents.
Policy No: 16882676
I request ICICI Prudential to cancel my policy and return me money. This is my hard earned money. You cannot grow cheating people and gulping their money. You should face a strong action or lawsuit against you and your agents.
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 13, 2020