[Resolved]  IFB Washing Machine Senator — Drum Damaged / Service Charge Levied / Not adhering to terms of Warranty

Dear Sirs,

I had purchased IFB Senator 6 Kg Fully Automatic Washing Machine. The machine is still under warranty.

There is loud noise coming from the drum hence we had launched the above mentioned complaint.

Your technician visited our residence just switched on the machine and when he heard the noise he told the drum is damaged and you will have to spend Rs 5500 for a new drum.

When questioned how does the drum get damaged they got the most ridiculus answer he told "YOU SHOULD NOT WASH PANTS IN THE WASHING MACHINE AS THE DRUM CAN BE DAMAGED DUE TO THE BUTTONSPRESENT IN THE PANT"

Since my wife and mother in law were alone they did not take any decision.

On the top of this the technician charges Rs 331 as service charge.

Q 1 Is your IFB Senator washing machine meant to wash only Vests and Briefs ? At least that was the feed back that we received from the technician.

Q 2 How can the technician charge Rs 331 as service charge when the machine is under warranty ?

Q 3 Why should we bear the charges of replacing the drum when the same is under warranty ?

We have anyways purchased a New Washing Machine LG Fuzzy Logic last month and are using it.

Your IFB machine is kept as a show piece as we are unable to use it.

I am highlighting you this issue since this is clear cheating of the consumer.

Saaurabh R Pradhaan
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

OMG...where shoudl i go now!!

my plan to buy IFB looks scary option...

is tehre any other company that behaves same way before and after the sale of their appliance..

god save india and the consumers.

IFB Industries
    IFB Industries Phone
    1 860 425 5678
    IFB Industries Address
    Plot No IND 5, Sector 1, East Kolkata Township, Kolkata, West Bengal, India - 700107