[Resolved]  IISWBM — FOUL PLAY

Respect sir.
This is to bring to your notice that Assistant Professor Gairik Das of IISWBM Calcutta university is pursuing PHD and has forced the students of IISWBM - post graduate in retail management 2008-10 to do his survey for the completion of the course or else no marks will be given.
The Professor along with Pantaloons has forced the students on several occassions to do store visits and no remunerration was provided whatsoever. We are made to work for Pantaloons at our own expense saying its a part of the course curriculum. The professor is also know for manipulating the marks of the students who dont obey him.
Kindly help.

IISWBM- KOLKATA
PGPRM 2008-10

Comments

Dear All,
I had the most harrowing time while trying to seek admission into IISWBM. (MBA course). I had appeared for CAT 2011 and scored well. As such I was called for the admission process and eagerly looked forward to securing admission in this prestigious b-school.
I have graduated from the IHM-Kolkata which is under the ministry of tourism and the graduate degree is handed over by IGNOU. Despite being a centre of National Excellence in the field of Hospitality and Hotel Management, I was given to understand that CU doesnt recognize my degree as an equivalent graduate degree.
All this took place when only 3 weeks were remaining for classes to commence (6th July, 2012). Given that my name had already appeared in the Selected candidates list and no mention was made at the time of paying the first installment fees I was under the impression that my admission was complete.
However I was in for a rude shock when I was told that my admission was still tentative as I had not produced an equivalent certificate (just 3 weeks before classes commenced). Owing to this I had foregone admission into other colleges like KJ Somaiya and BIMTECH Noida as their admission cut off dates had already passed by. University authorities too were bureaucratic and lethargic in their approach to verifying the equivalence of my degree.
Thankfully I was able to secure admission into SDMIMD, Mysore which luckily had not closed their admissions. Owing to my CAT percentile (83%) I was quickly able to secure admission and not lose an entire year.
Few things I want to point out to other candidates who aspire to seek admission.
1. Please make sure that your graduate degree is considered an equivalent or at par with the archaic courses of CU.
2. Also do not expect any help or cooperation from either the Institute or University authorities as they are more adept at passing the buck to each other.
3. The institute doesn't take any responsibility for a loss of one year, so please get your money refunded as early as possible so that you can secure admission somewhere else.
4. The work ethic and attitude of both the university and institute is pathetic.
5. Please join this institute only if your willing to take strikes, dharnas and political unrest in your stride as that is the only learning which goes on in that area of Kolkata.
My observations may be harsh and too an extent very demoralizing but it is actually a representation of the sorry state of affairs which are prevailing at this institute of national repute.
Ayush Majumder
The scenario in IISWBM as of 2013 is the same as in 2010. The following things go wrong, so please be careful before deciding to study in the institute, it only goes by name, the facilities are just not there:
1. They do not provide a printed form of the result of the various semesters.
2. They do not provide payments to faculties and hardly conduct proper classes in 3rd and 4th semester.
3. The retail department in IISWBM never ever has any continuous staff for administration purposes.
4. Students admitted are involved in collection of money and scams.
5. The best placements are given to favourite students.
6. The marks are manipulated and changed according to the professor's fancy.
7. The Head of the Department is extremely corrupt and does as he pleases and does not care about the future of his students, makes them do his research work and personal work and does not compensate if any money is spent to conduct the research and then has used all this for his PHD!!!
8. The Head of the DEPARTMENT and the class monitors take major decisions and the fate of the students is in their hands.
IISWBM B-school kolkata is known for Pioneer B-School of India.But all the students know it better as Political Hub . Specially the Retail management course is full of fake hopes. Don't take admission just seeing the brochure because they put the name of even those companies which never visited for on campus placement.Even the students got to bring the companies to place themselves but the credit goes to the department This department manipulates the marks of the students, and they don't give proper result of the semesters .The HOD gives the preference to only those students who work for his personal projects and all..So the conclusion is don't spoil your career by wasting 2.55 lakhs for 2 years PGDRM course from IISWBM.

Satyamev Jayate !!!
I see a lot of rebel and complaints against IISWBM retail department. Being a student of[protected] I never faced such a thing neither do I had wish to right any complaints against this department. SOMEONE HAS USED MY NAME FOR HIS/HER SELFISH MOTIVES.HE /SHE SHOULD REMEMBER ITS A CYBER CRIME TO USE OTHERS NAME.I owe my gratitude to the department faculties and Dr. Gairik Das without them I wouldn't have been who I' m today.
-Pritha Das Gupta
[protected] batch
available at [protected]@gmail.com

I completely agree that the college is one of the worst B-school's to study in. Was a student of MHRM department[protected] and had a harrowing two years. Although they claim that the fees are low the teachers will keep asking for money from the students without ever providing any receipt. The course is good but the people who teach here are pathetic. Marks and placements are completely biased. Your placement will depend on how much you suck up to the teachers and not on your merit. Complete waste of two yearsyears.
Souvick 330's reply, Jan 13, 2017
Yasomoti first ask yourself are you at all capable to study in IISWBM sorry to say No- You should be thankfull to IISWBM for getting chance there inspite of being substandard and low grade student
it sucks to its very core. A place all abt politics. Teachers r of no standard, students r equally those jholachaap typs who dont know that they dont know nything. Messed up in politics from top to bottom, where students pass this legacy to the nxt batch - of continuing politics and following things like favouritism in placements and evrything else. no system in place, marks are given to favourite students & so are placements. completely an outdated and unsuitable place to do an MBA. a simple waste of lakhs of money and more importantly u loose precious 2 years in which u cud learn some real business skills from ny other MBA college in Kolkata. dont even pass from near the building, it stinks badly !!
I completely agree with what Pritha have said.Today whatever I am is only and only due to guidance of Professor Gairik Das.

I will not tolerate this type of bustord comments against him and also don't use someones id for cheap or wrong intention.

Please study and develop yourselfs accordingly

Souvick Ghosh