[Resolved]  Income Tax Department — Refund for assessment year 2007

I have filed my Income tax return on 17-July-2007 with Acknowledgement No. [protected] for my PAN No. AEGPT8079Q.
I am suppose to get refund of Rs. 3919. The return was filed at
Income Tax office Chennai - ITR/salary ward IV (4) room 523(E) 5th floor—G. Mohan Doss phone[protected]

When I had three personal visit to the dept. and they answered that the case has been forwarded to
Income Tax office Chennai-ITR/ Business ward VI(3) Room 206 2nd floor, Mrs. Lalitha Phone 28338263.
When I had met personally Mrs. Lalitha she told that my PAN Card has not been released/transferred from Jaipur (Rajasthan), where I filed my previous return and got my PAN card initially from Jaipur, thus Case pending with ITD-RJN-Ward-106-2 for PAN Card Release for migration.

I contacted IT office Jaipur thrice (Rohit Asudani, ward 6-2, third floor, Ph.2385301 Extn. 562), they said they will do the needful, but I didn’t see any action as I enquired again the Chennai IT office, and was told the status is still the same.

This situation is with the same status from last 8 months, wondering about the IT dept. that it is so lethargic/lazy to process the small issues.

Comments

I had filed income tax returns in Varanasi Range-II for Assessment year[protected] and 2008-09 in which refunds were claimed Rs 8078/- for Assessment year[protected] and Rs. 5251/- for Assessment year 2008-09, but I could not get the refund from income tax department yet. So, kindly take necessary steps to release my refund cheques and send it to my home address. I shall be grateful to you.
My details are as follows:
Name: Shyamanand Mishra
PAN No.: AFFPM0218Q
Ack. Nos.:
For Assessment year[protected]: [protected]
For Assessment year[protected]: 22001094
Email ID: [protected]@rediffmail.com
Mob. No.: [protected]
Employer: Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Shyamanand Mishra,
B 31/40, B-1-L, Bhogabir,
Sankatmochan Varanasi-221005.
S.B.I. A/C No. [protected]
What I post my comments ? if there are no body to listion or care. Actually let me know that I have filled my clients ITR by electronically and some them to have to get refund. But Individual ward not entertaining because the ITR have been filed by electronically. But as per inquiry, department says that contact to your assessing authority. If so, then what is the difference between file ITR mannually or Electronically, because if we go through assessing authority as per juridiction then we can't get refund without pay of 5% to 10% of refund as undertable. If I file ITR electronically then refund process should be also automatic.

D.S.Mahar : [protected]