[Resolved]  india rly cattering dept/pantry cars — excess charging

d/sir.,
we 4 persons travelled in 3 AC by Karnatka express from N.Dli to SSPN on 22-12-09.the complaint is that the cattering staff over charged on account of tea whch costs Rs4/-per cup of 150ml but they charged Rs 5/- each for the same every time. when another waiter charged Rs 4/ for the same than we came to know that it costs Rs.4/- just imagine in that train appx 900 person travel daily. if a man takes average 3-4 cups daily Rs 1/ charged etc. amounts to huge sum per day. See how the catering staff in colusion with the canteen manager/rly staff earn daily. I am quoting one example & see how much the racket will be in most of the other trains.
Our PNR No is [protected] ID No [protected].
Secondly u will be surprised to know ,on the return journey in 3 ac from Koppar Gaon to Ambala by Jhelum Express Tr. No 1077 vide PNR No [protected] ID No [protected]. The same thing happened.
But to our utmost surprise the waiters charged Rs 60/- instead of Rs 32/- for the standard lunch & dinner thali. they charged from the whole compartment. when we objected & asked for the bill &complaint book he refused & argued in a very rude manner that it is our menu & rate is Rs 60/-. but no where in the railway menu such exborItant rates are mentioned. when we showed the rate printed in the railway time table he said that we serve daily.Neither the catering/pantry car manager came nor the complaint book was supplied.Nether the TT took any action when contacted.
It is to utter sorrow that how the general public is bering fleeced at double the rates. See how much the catering staff in conevience with the railway officials are looting the passengers.daily. I think the racket is crores of Rs in so many trains running.I have quoted one perasonal experience. The whole compartment than listened to our arguments & also demanded the return of money they had paid in excess.
This is extreme & if such high handed ness is not stopped it will be a big drain on the railways & passengers had to suffer daily.
The rates should be displayed in each compartment.as per railways rules.but nowhere the same was done..
When stressed for cash memo the waiter brought a slip brg S No 6273 dated 1-1-10
as below
6 combo meals Rs.360-00

4 veg B/F Rs 72-00
Total 432.00
I hope that stringent action will be taken on the catering staff so that the public is not looted by the catering staff. hope an early response. V D Shori
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

it also happens with me they charge me 70/- instead of Rs.32/- my PNR NO.[protected] DATED[protected] MUMBAI CENTRAL TO JAIPUR. AND RETURN PNR NO.[protected] DATED[protected] JAIPUR TO MUMBAI CENTRAL.THEY DONOT GIVE ME BILL AND COMPLAINT BOOK. BOOGIE TICKET CHECKER DID NOT GIVE COMPLAINT BOOK BECAUSE IN HIS PRESENCE BLACK MARKETING DONE IN HIS PRESENCE HIS NAME IS K.C.GUPTA MY NAME IS SATISH.S.BHAMBHANI

Complaint categoryCategory: Railways