India Today Book Club — Online complaints

India Today / BagItToday Customer Care Customer Care
The complaint made by mr. Nithin nc has been resolved. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on our given id: [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com

Would request you to kindly mention this subject: online complaints
Whenever you mail us for quicker response,

Or call us on our customer care no.-

Comments

I have not so far received refund with regard to order no/[protected] dt
29.9.09 of Rs. 3198 debited to my credit card on the same day inspite
of repeated E mails and telephonic calls.
With regard to order no.[protected] dated 17.11.09, I have not received
relative products of order placed on 17.11.09 nor refund of Rs.2498
debited to my card on the same day inspite of repeated reminders

India Today Book Club — Watch not delivered even after an year

I had purchased a swatch watch and UCB watch through India Today Book Club in December 2008. My Member ID: ITBC08353609 and Order ID: U0357 UCB-WTCH_PAZ-23 (G)(B). They have dispatched Swatch watch within a week but UCB watch has never sent by them and whenever I send a mail, i get a reply saying it is getting processed and will be dispatched to you soon. I even spoke to the customer care on phone to listen to the same reply. there are 25 emails i have sent and there is no further action from them. I wish to bring to public's notice how big companies can also cheat people like this.

India Today Book Club — NON RECEIPT OF PURCHASED ITEM

I have booked a book named "Complete History of the World" and purchased the same online through credit card on 6th November 2009, vide order no.[protected].
Till today I haven't received the book alongwith the free gifts. Moreover, telephone no. was discontinued. After making repetitive calls to India Today I could finally got the new no. where I have lodged a complaint (Complaint No. 255876) where I was told that I will receive the courier within 10 days.
However, I am still waiting for the materials to be delivered, and now I am really worried over the matter.

India Today Book Club — incomplete delivery of items purchased

I purchased Addidas Travel Bag, Reebok Bag & Towel, Reebok Trach Suit, Reebok classic Men's Shirt and Rebok Lite Speed Shoes for a net price of Rs.2998.88 plus Rs.200.00 for handling charges. The payment was made through credit card vide Order no.OGA[protected] dt:08.10.2009.

India Today book Club confirmed that the will deliver the goods within 02 weeks. Hence after 15 days lapse I made contact at their online phone service about the delivery of my items. In the mean time I saw lot many online complaints lying pending with India Today Book Club for late / short / not delivery of goods booked on internet. I become panic to see such attitude of company and it made me worry about delivery of my ordered items, I repeatedly contacted India Today Book Club at their online numbers.

On 18.11.09, I received sms from India Today Book Club on my Mob:[protected] that my parcel has been sent through Post Office Lajpatnagar, New Delhi. The parcel of goods was delivered on 27.11.09 through Bhabhanagar post office at my residential address:- T-4/24A, Anukiran Calony Rawatbhata, Kota, rajastha - 323307.

I immediately opened the parcel as I was in panic due to late delivery (inspite of seeing it that whether the parcel is intect or not) and found that the goods delivered were short by Addidas Travel Bag, Towel & Reebok classic Men's Shirt was found missing from the packet.

On fine checking of parcel it was found that the parcel was tempered by cutting at one place and it was re-pasted with browm packing tape nicely.

On detail inquiry I could understand that the tempering of parcel was possible only at Post Office Lajpatnagar, New Delhi from the parcel is being sealed in delivery bags.

Hence, I request the authorities to look into the matter and make sure that such type of theft from parcels should be stopped so that companies selling their products are not getting blamed for such type of acts caused by post office dealing staff and the materials purchased by consumer shall reach completely.

ARUN KUMAR GOEL
T-4/24A, ANUKIRAN Colony, Rawatbhata - 323307

India Today Book Club — Not received the consignment.

I had ordered for a Rebok fitness kit from India Today Book Club and the order no. is TELESALES/[protected].It costed me Rs.2999 and I had paid this amount on 2nd Dec, 2009 using my Credit Card. Though they have received this amount, they are still to deliver me this consignment.
My below attempts have not yielded any results as yet:

1. Telephonic conversation with Mr. Ashutosh Kumar on 15nd Dec 2009, But there is no record of that it is delivered to the customer nor it was sent back to India Today Book club. It was confirmed that they are arranging to send again and the consignment which would reach us in 5 days. However, till date we have not received the consignment.

2. Today (22 Dec '09) again we talked over phone to Mr. Kapil. He confirmed that delivery record is showing that consignment has not reached us and assured yet again said that in 24 hours they will reply on this issue after consulting higher officer.
Kindly let me know if I can receive any kind of help in this regard.
Thanks & Regards,

RAHUL KUMAR SODHANI

KODAK C-160 — Free Gifts

REFERENCE:
1. Indiatoday Book Club Membership No.: ITBC09173822
2. Invoice No.: ORB[protected]
3. Holiday Voucher No. BK4M922QTEE6S4

This has reference to my order dated 30/11/2009 for Kodak Camera+free gift as 2N/3D Holiday voucher & free return air tickets through India Today Book Club (ITBC). Telemarketing representative of ITBC informed on phone that I am one of the three members selected on all India basis and special scheme is being provided i.e. one Kodak C-160 digital camera worth Rs 7999/- plus 2N/.3D holiday voucher & two return air tickets fully paid inclusive of taxes. In this connection I wish to highlight as under:

a) As per telephonic conversation held at the time of booking of order on 30/11/2009, it was promised that 2N/3D Holiday voucher is valid for one year anywhere in India and there is no HIDDEN charges. After going through the website og bigcity, it is a surprise to me that I have to pay a DD of Rs. 800/- to avail the free offer which is totally against the spirit of the offer given to me.

b) It was promised that I will be entitled for two return air tickets for any destination in India with a validity of one year and the air tickets will be FULLY PAID i.e. all taxes are inclusive but the website gives different story. It says that offer is for only return air ticket with only basic fare.

I feel that I was cheated by your telemarketing representative by giving false promises. I hereby request you to play the audio recording made on 30/11/2009 at the time of accepting the offer and take proper action immediately.

Further, your bigcity website is useless as it is not accepting the Holiday Voucher No. alloted to me (refer attached mail dated 14/12/2009 in pdf format in this regard but I have not yet received any reply). Due to above, it causes lot of inconvenience to users. So immediate corrective action is required.

With this mail I request you to address issues mentioned in a) & b) above without any further delay.

S K GUPTA

India Today Book Club — non deliver my consignment

My below attempts have not yielded any results as yet:

2. On dated (22 Dec '09) again we talked over phone to Mr. Kapil. He confirmed that delivery record is showing that consignment has not reached us and assured yet again said that in 24 hours they will reply on this issue after consulting higher officer.

3. Again on dated (23 Dec 2009) we have not received any reply, hence again we talked over phone to Mr. Mukul(complaint No275585).Inform all above story to him, Mr Mukul told me to send credit card statement. Hence its scan copy also enclosed for further action.

4. On dated 24th Dec2009, we have received email, that your order has been fully processed from our end and has been dispatched on[protected] through the BLUEDART under the [protected] consignment details. After going in detail through BLUEDARART website this parcel belong to Mr OP SHARMA, Jaipur not to me. We don’t know out why they had given wrong information to us. Moreover we have paid though my credit card and its details are enclosed to them. It seems they are not serious to attend our problem tell us correctly. But I strongly feel they are doing such mistakes regularly and misguiding their consumers and making profit by wrong practices in the market.

Kindly let me know every day why one or other story is being repeated if you want any information tell me at one time and solved my problem to avoid any legal action on this issue. Quick reply is awaited.
RAHULKUMAR SODHANI
Dated 25th dec 2009

India Today Book Club — Gift Holidady voucher of Rs. 5000 not receive

I had placed 2 orders to get REEBOK Kit by paying 3199 each by paying through credit card. Though I recieved both the kits vide invoice dated 28 OCT 2009, I am yet to receive the the promised Holiday voucher of RS 5000 each for 2N/3D stay at selected locations. The Unique Promo nos are[protected]A[protected] AND[protected]A[protected].

When I try to go to their advised site www.bookstoday.in/promos ever today (almost 60 days from invoice date), it says " you have made incorrect entries". Their no[protected] tell us again and again to go to this site which is of no use.

It is amazing that group like INDIA TODAY is also leading the club of cheaters when I see many complaints against this India Today Book Club.

can someone please help as they say free gifts can only be claimed within 60 days of the invocie date which is expiring of 28 December 2009.

Shisheer Panse
Uma Panse

India Today Book Club — WRONG SIZE OF REEBOK SHOES

I had ordered for Reebok jogging kit on 16.07.2009 with booking id [protected] and my credit card was debited on the same day for Rs.2298/-. Above order was taken as order no.OGA[protected] dated 29.08.2009 vide their invoice no.ORA[protected] dated 29.08.2009. The consignment was booked on 01.09.2009 and delivered on 05.09.2009 with wrong shoe size. I had ordered for shoe size 6 but they have sent shoes of size 9(Nine).

I contacted them over phone and as per their instructions I returned the shoes on 11.09.2009 by Blue dart couriers and the same was delivered to them on 14.09.2009 at 15.10 hrs.

After giving them sufficient time, I took the matter for replacement over email several times. But I was getting the standard reply that their database was not updated.

I had even sent a legal notice, but no response from them.

India Today Book Club — Product undelivered even after payment

Being a India Today Book Club member (ITBC0934341) I was offered a Swatch Chrono watch. I ordered (order booking ID [protected] on 26 May 2009) the said watch through phone and paid the amount immediately through my credit card. After the executive took the order I was told that the watch would be delivered within a timespan of 3-4 weeks. But after waiting for almost 5weeks I made a call to their customer service centre regarding the problem. But to my surprise I was told that they had sent me the watch and neither was it delivered to me nor did the watch reach back to them and they can only deliver the watch again after they receive it.
After repeated mails and complaints (telephonic) I would always be asked to wait for some time and this patience of mine never yielded any result. As a result I think of taking a legal action against India Today.
I request the authorites to kindly take a note of it and direct India Today to deliver my watch immediately.

indiatoday — Do not Claim Holiday Voucher

I Buy Phillips DVD Player And Then Include Holiday Voucher For Three Days And Two Nights.But I Claim And Then Post To Banglore Office.But I Have Post Before 2Months.I have Not receive Anything..

India Today Book Club — misguiding in products

Dear Sir

It is with reference to a phone call from india today book club representative regarding a holiday package for two persons who included a free ticket for two people and a stay at three or five star hotel for three days and two nights inclusive of breakfast and dinner during next one year. In response to said offer i applied for three packages i.e. one for my parents and other two for me, my wife and our two grown up children. Further I was told that I will get a free gift hamper which includes some books and CDs. Now i would like you to clarify on the following.

1. I have received three sets of similar books which I have not ordered at all. These were supposed to be free gifts but these are being supplied against my order for holiday package.

2. Further when i tried to claim my free gift as per unique number. it says the number is incorrect.

3. I rang up in india today book club office at number[protected] and I mailed on [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com and on [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com on 21st December 2009 and even on 25th December also. I was told that the unique number is yet not activated and will be activated in 24 hours. Further I was told that the scheme is for one person air ticket and one person holiday package.

I was extremely surprised to hear from representative. I feel cheated.
You are therefore requested to kindly look into the matter and give me the correct picture so that I may be able to decide on further course of action. And if it is for one person i am not interested in the package and i am ready to send back your offer. My order No. is OGA[protected] DATED 29.11.2009 AND INVOICE NO. IS ORA[protected] DATED 30.11.2009

4. And till date I have not received any reply in response to my above quoted emails.

Thanking You

Yours Sincerely

Satish Kumar

+[protected]

India Today Book Club — Regarding Free Gift(Reebok Shoe)

Membership No. ITBS08632783
Inv. No. ORA[protected]
Inv. Dt. 04/12/08
Order No. OGA[protected]
Order Dt. 30/11/08

I BOOKED BY 20CDS SACRED MOMENTS COLLECTION IN NOVEMBER, 08 AND I RECEIVED MY PACK ON DEC.08 AFTER LOTS OF REMINDERS AND PERSUATION. I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED MY FREE GIFT - REEBOK SHOE. PLEASE ADVISE BY WHEN I WILL GET MY FREE GIFT.

India Today Book Club — DOUBLE BOOKING OF REEBOK KIT

On 7 dec '09' I booked Reebok Kit @ Rs. 3199 under order no.[protected] after 8 days I received call from India Today that my earlier order cannot be processed due to non debit of maney from my credit card so I have to rebook the same as the existing order stand cancelled.

So I rebooked the same under order no.[protected] . When I enquired for the delay in despatches after 3 weeks I came to know that both my orders are valid & they have received the money for both the order on the second day.

Then they wrote me that order cannot be cancelled & the solution they gave me that I should not take one parcell & return back the same, after that I shoould request for the repayment of same.

My complaints are
1: Why they confirmed me that they have not received the payment but acually as per card statement they received the payment on the next day.
2: Why they did not cancelled my first order when I was told to book the Reebok Kit again.
3: Delay in despatches as three weeks have passed.

Manish
dear sir
i ve ordered a reebok kit sins before a month
but i ve till not got any of parsol
so plz kindly informe me why i ve till not got..it..

i ve booke'd my order on this no.[protected]

my add:-

office:- Raja treding co. Dhruv Chamber Bus Station Road Junagadh.362001
RES:- D/4 Nilkamal Socity Talav Gate Near Jagnath Temple.Junagadh.362001

My Contact no. [protected]

India Today Book Club — MOM RECIEPT OF HOLIDAY VOUCHER

IN RESPONSE TO MY LEGAL NOTICE, YOU WERE KIND ENOUGH TO SEND THE BOOKS OF CD BUT I AM YET TO GET THE TRAVEL VOUCHERS, AS PROMISED. PLEASE SEND IT FAST SO THAT I CAN WITHDRAW THE NOTICE IN STIPULATED TIME.THE ADDRESS IS D-598 A CHITTARANJAN PARK, NEW DELHI-19

The refrence numbrs are[protected]/[protected]‏
Alok TOMAR
the camera i have recieved dsnt have memory card or charger. this is available in the market at the same price. above that it worked only once. after taking a few pics i dint use it for a week. later on i am unable to switch it on. dont kw what to do.

kodak-c160-9.2 megapixel camera — non receipt of free gift vouchers

MY ORDER NO IS 0GB[protected], INVOICE NO IS ORB[protected] ORDER Dt 30;11;2009 PLZ SEND ME FREE GIFT VOUCHERS FOR HOTEL STAY, FREE AIR TICKET AND JWELLERY VOUCHERS OF SURAT, AS I HAVE NOT NRECEIVED THE SAME TILL DATE.

India Today Book Club — India Today Book Club's Free Gifts are just a farce - My Voucher number IT11515 and ITBC membership no. is ITBC08804063

To
The Head
Indian Consumer Complaints Forum

Dear Sirs

Post a major dissapointment and no revert from India Today book club on my 5 emails even post 3 montsh , I have been forced to approach this Forum. The brief history goes as follows :

I had purchased some items from India Today Book club and got free Vouchers for Holiday package and for return ticket .

I have dispatched the voucher for Tickets duly completed and have even mailed India Today book club and big city dated 30/Sep/09 , again on 30/Sep/09 , 13/Oct/09, 20/Oct/09 at e mail ids [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com, [protected]@bigcity.in - and then today but they are simply not interested in any solution . Just got a single mail on 13/Oct/09 from India Todya transferrfing the onus to Big City and post that no one even replied / acknowledged the mail or found any solution - It is JUNGLE RAAJ.

Neither has till date my voucher come , nor have I been able to utilize my free holiday package . For the Holiday package , whenever I call - either there is an exclusion period on or there is no availability ??

My Voucher No. : IT11515 and ITBC membership no. is ITBC08804063.

Kindly help me get my Free Return Tickets and Holiday Package

I am even marking a copy of this complaint to [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com, [protected]@bigcity.in, [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com for them to give me their version of the story if there is any

Kunal Kapur
I ORDERED STYLE KIT WHICH CONTAINS ONE SHOES, ONE SUNGLASS AND A REBOK CLASSIC WRIST WATCH.I GOT EVERYTHING IN GUD CONDITION.BUT AFTER USING THE WATCH I FOUND SOMETIME THE WATCH STOP AUTOMATICALY AND NOT RUNNING.IT IS HAPPENING FREQUENTLY.SO KINDLY HELP ME WHT TO DO?MY ORDER OT IS -0GA[protected].MEMBERSHIP NO.ITNC09167155

Mediaplex, FC-8, Sector - 16A, Film City, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India - 201301