[Resolved]  Indian Railway Freight — Consignment Untraceable

I am a retailer businessman who deals with musical instruments in Nagaland. For the last two years I've been sending my goods by Private Courrier, but its expensive. So on hearing Indian Railway Frieght system I start dealing with Indian Railway system! those of you who know how India Railway Sytem function. Its Cheap! so its unsafe! Not to talk of goods sending by train, even travelling by train is a horrific experience. well my complaint is about locating my consignment. I don't mind Slow Indian Railway System, what I really mind is how they treat North Eastern people. Beyond Assam, (Maligaon) presently Guwahati, there is no way you can trace your goods. either its there in godown or lost! People from Nagaland got no way to talk directly to Guwahati, it need to go through Lumdin and from Lumdin to Maligaon. so by the time it reaches Guwahati, all your complaint is gone... well lost! mY consignment H 607085, dated 3/08/09 is no where to be found. and another consignment H 586842, dated 1/08/09, came in half, the other half only god knows. Last time is got stuck up in Guwahati, Assam, for more than two weeks! only after Railway Ministry intervention my goods were returned to me. Probably those who are in Frieght section wants some extra money, you know how people works in India, worst in Airport and Train station... money!!! so if there is any one reading this and got a way for me to figure out please help me. I don't have hope on this Consumer Complaint Forum also cos Indian Railway Sysytem is Horrible.

Indian Railways