Indiatimes Travel — non-delivery of promised hotel package

abhibags
I purchased two hotel rooms in Nizmar Resort, Goa, for 3 nights ( with advertised inclusions of Breakfast, Complimentary usage of gymnasium and swimming pool, Airport Transfer, Boat Cruise, One Half - day sightseeing by coach, Taxes, Welcome drink) online from Indiatimes travel. After making the payment online Indiatimes sent me a confirmation that my two Deluxe suites as promised have been confirmed. On the travel date 21/03/2008 I called the hotel to re-confirm the pick up and I was told that I have a standard room with breakfast and no inclusions . According to the hotel staff and the booking request sent to the hotel by Travelguru who were subcontracted this job by India times, one of the rooms was downgraded and all inclusions withdrawn without any information to myself ( I have a copy of the request from travelguru which I collected from the hotel and forwarded to india times for their reference). I had to undergo mental trauma as I was expected to land in Goa in a matter of hours. Once, in goa I had to make my travel arrangements on the spot (as I had no advance warning) which costed my upwards of Rs. 3000 for forward and back from hotel. On top of that I had to endure the inconvenience of putting up in a smaller room and no promised benefits. I had to spend additional amounts of money for my boat cruise and sight seeing which was supposed to be included in my package. To my utter frustration I was unable to contact India times. On returning from my vacation I sent them many requests (Attached email transcript ) but none of them were responded to. I have requested at least the refund of my travel expenses of Rs. 3000 and however waived off any claims for damages on account of the frustration, trauma I had to go through. Kindly help.

yours sincerely,
Abhishek Bagchi
P.S. Attached email transcript

Hotel Enquiries [ Ticket Number: -312514 ]
7 messages
[protected][protected][protected][protected]
[protected]@indiatimes.co.in <[protected]@indiatimes.co.in> Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:36 AM
To: [protected]@gmail.com
Dear Abhishek Bagchi,

Greetings from Indiatimes.

Thank you for writing to us. This auto acknowledgement confirms the receipt of your e-mail.

Please find your unique 'Ticket Number' for this particular query in the subject line of this mail. We would request you to retain this unique 'Ticket Number' for any subsequent interaction with us regarding this query.

We will make every effort to revert to you within 48 hours. However in the interim if you would like to reach us, you may do so by clicking the following link.

This is a system generated e-mail; please do not reply to this mail.

Warm regards,

Indiatimes

Abhishek Bagchi <[protected]@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:09 PM
To: [protected]@indiatimes.co.in
Through your hotel website, I made a confirmed hotel booking for 3N/4D at Nizmar Resort, Goa, Vide order number[protected] via online payment of Rs.14895 per room . I received a confirmation email on 12 Mar, 2008 confirming 2 rooms of Deluxe Suite(Continental Plan) which as published by your website included suite room, airport transfers, sight seeing and boat ride among other things.
However, when I contacted the hotel, to my utter disbelief, I was informed by the hotel manager, that Travel Guru, the company you subcontracted for this booking, had infact downgraded one of the rooms to standard (Bed-Breakfast with and no inclusions). I had to make my own arrangements for travel to/from airport which costed me upwards of Rs. 3000 plus was a given a much smaller room. I would like to request you to atleast refund the cost of airport transfers. I am willing to forego any compensation on account of the uncomfortable room, no half day sight seeing and boat ride and the enormous amount of stress and hassle I had to undertake due to this error.
I had already registered a complaint prior to commencing my journey. The ticket reference is 312514. Looking forward to urgent resolution of this matter.

Yours sincerely,
Abhishek Bagchi.
Solutions Architect,
Wipro Technologies.

icare <[protected]@indiatimes.co.in> Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:00 AM
To: Abhishek Bagchi <[protected]@gmail.com>
Dear Abhishek Bagchi,

We thank you for contacting Indiatimes.

With reference to your mail dated[protected] for order number[protected], we would like to inform you that kindly contact at below mentioned email id for the same.

[protected]@indiatimes.co.in

We thank you for your time and patience. We value you as our customer and your satisfaction is of most important to us.

Please do not reply to this mail, kindly go through our feedback link for further assistance.

Feedback Link: http://www.feedback.indiatimes.com/planetm/feedback/index.jsp?CID=20

For convenience please do not delete the interactions while replying.

For further assistance you can call our Customer Care, kindly refer our website for Customer Care number of your city. All Days 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.

Agent Name: Neha

Thank you once again for being a valuable customer of Indiatimes Shopping.

With regards,

Indiatimes Shopping

From: Abhishek Bagchi [mailto:[protected]@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 9:09 PM
To: icare
Subject: Re: Hotel Enquiries [ Ticket Number: -312514 ]

[Quoted text hidden]

My life has changed. What about yours?
Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox! http://mail.indiatimes.com

DISCLAIMER AND PRIVILEGE NOTICE: This e-mail message contains confidential, copyright, proprietary and legally privileged information.It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient must note and understand that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of BCCL subsidiaries and associated companies, Collectively Times Group.

Abhishek Bagchi <[protected]@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Wipro Technologies.

Abhishek Bagchi <[protected]@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:31 PM
To: [protected]@indiatimes.co.in, [protected]@indiatimes.co.in
Dear Customer service,
This is a reminder for your action on the refund request I sent earlier. Kindly respond at the earliest or if you are not the correct department please point me to the department I can escalate this issue to. I'm in possession of the booking request for a BB (no inclusions ) from Travelguru and also a confirmation from you for two rooms ( CP - All inclusive). If you require I can provide copies of the same for your reference. Please advise at the earliest.

Abhishek

Abhishek Bagchi <[protected]@gmail.com> Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:07 PM
Draft To: [protected]@indiatimes.co.in
Please refer to the attached email transcript with [protected]@indiatimes.co.in on whose instruction I 'm forwarding it to you for your action.

yours sincerely,
Abhishek.

[protected] Forwarded message[protected]
From: Abhishek Bagchi <[protected]@gmail.com>
Date: Mar 24, 2008 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: Hotel Enquiries [ Ticket Number: -312514 ]

Abhishek Bagchi <[protected]@gmail.com> Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:40 PM
To: [protected]@indiatimes.co.in, [protected]@indiatimes.co.in
Dear customer service, I 've not even received an acknowledgement for the email below. This is a gentle reminder for you to contact me and let me know your decision on this matter. I've attached to this email, for your reference :
1.the booking confirmation I received from you and
2. the booking request your agent sent to Nizmar resort. I presume this documentary evidence is sufficient to prove that there was a serious error in your booking process and I was not provided the room and plan I had been charged for. Please contact me if your require any clarification. I will expect to hear from your department at the earliest.

sincerely,

Gmail - Hotel Confirmation from Indiatimes.htm
6K

Gmail - Fw Desiya Booking For ITMA[protected].htm
33K

Comments

Indiatimes Travel — Non-issuance of air ticket

I came across your website ICRPC. I have a complaint against the website "Indiatimes Travels". The details are as follows.
On 11th Oct 2007, I have put a bid on Indiatimes Auction website for Domestic Air ticket ("INDIAN" Airlines IC107 flight on 11th Nov 2007). On 13-OCt-2007, I was informed thru email and on the website that my bid of Rs. 2651/- was a winning bid and I would be traveling on the flight mentioned. The email mentioned that my order number is[protected] and that I should wait for the PNR to be generated after which I can print my flight ticket. However, after repeated reminder from my side, INDIATIMES Travel website did not process the case and PNR was not generated. My credit card was debited for Rs. 2651 on Oct 22nd and I received a call from the customer helpdesk that due to some reasons my ticket can not be generated due to a glitch at their end. Moreover, I was also advised to buy another ticket by paying extra money over and above the bid amount of Rs. 2651.00. I refused to pay additional money since I am entitled to get the flight ticket I have won the bid for. However, after repeated reminder and calls from my end, the company maintained that the bid which I have won could not be processed and I will have to buy air ticket on another airline by paying extra money.

Could you pls advice me how can I address this issue? I would like to see that the "indiatimes travel" website take responsibility for their failing to provide me the ticket which I have won legally. Also, they should provide me alternative ticket without any additional cost to me since the problem has been at their end.

Sincerely,
Anshu Vijayvargiya
Ph:[protected]
Bangalore

Indiatimes Travel — Ticket Cancellation Refund Made Was less.

I booked a ticket with Indiatimes Travel In Aug 2007 and Cancelled the same on 29th September 2007. When i wanted to cancel the ticket Indiatimes told me to go to the respective Airline(Jetlite) and cancel the ticket ie they cannot help in this. I cancelled the ticket at JetLite and i was informed that they have deducted 50% of my base fare as the ticket was non-refundable. I have receipt for the same. Again i had to give the cancellation confirmation no to indiatimes for refund processing. Thought they did not do any thing for me in cancelling the ticket still they charge cancellation charges from me. They did not return any part of 50% basic fare and on that deducted Rs500 from Taxes and returned me the rest.
I had written them so many mails and they don't reply properly to any mail(I have 2 email chains for the same in my mail box).
It is only matter of few hundreds but i want them to understand that consumer is no fool and they cannot continue making fool of their customers.

HOTEL — Non-delivery

I had sent one parcel on 11.07.08 to Hyderabad vide no.[protected] whose status is still coming as on delivery in the site since 14.07.08. Please let me know the current status. The address to which it was sent is Ms Gazala oza, House no 3-6-149, Hiderguda, himayat nagar, Hyderabad, AP, Phone:[protected]

Indiatimes Travel - non-delivery of promised hotel package