IRCTC, Railway Reservation — Cancellation of tickets due to train late

Manas Bhandari
This is regarding the journey from New Delhi To Chandigarh as per the ticket details given below:

PNR No.[protected]
Coach: A1
Seat: 29
Fare: Rs.524/-
Departure: 04:30AM

The reaching time of this train at Chandigarh is 9:30AM but the train was late by 4hrs and 40min as the display screen at New Delhi Station was showing the arrival of the train at New Delhi station at 09:10AM.

I went to the current reservation counter at 7:00AM and told them to cancel the ticket. They said the the refund should be 100% as the train is late than the limit but you will get only 50% as the computer is reflecting that the train is not late. I asked why the computer is not reflecting when the same information is there on the LCD screen of the railway station.

They told they cannot cancel this ticket as it is giving only 50% refund while 100% refund should come and were telling me to go the other counters. I got frustrated because of the response and took the ticket of Shatabdi Express to Chandigarh as I had to reach urgently for some official work. The details of the Shatabdi ticket are given below:

PNR no.:[protected]
Coach: C6
Seat: 1 WS
Fare : 435/-
Departure: 7:40AM

The earlier train (4217) was late and was arriving at New delhi at the time it should have reached Chandigarh. Because o[censored]rgent work if a passenger books the train in the morning and it gets so late that he has to take another ticket then is it not right to give the passenger full refund of the amount he has paid for the ticket of the late train.
Instead of this, I was just rotated between the counter by the staff people sitting there.

I hope for a positive response in lieu of this complaint.

Comments

sir. I am a citizen of Chandigarh. I want start a businuss of ticket booking. so i want right guidenss about this. How can i start ? where can i met a faithful advicer in chandigarh ?
hello sir,

i want to cancellation my railway reservation due to the train late
so pl's cancellation the ticket as early as possible
details are given below

contact no is
1. [protected]
2. [protected]
3. [protected]

I am awating ur responce
i want to mumbai on 17.06.09 .reservation r not avilavblein sleeper.We need to Two Tekat urgent . If Any other process thane plz gide me. Thank's
I have purchased a ticket from N.Delhi to Lucknow by Shatabdi 2004 wherein it is mentioned as WS against my seat no. C9. Please tell me what is WS stand for?

hi im rakesh
dear,
i want to cancel my Rail way reservation due to flight change,
so pls cancel my e ticket as early as possible,
detail are given below...
Name... Ashish Kr Tiwari
PNR...[protected]
Source... New Delhi
Destination... Allahabad

Thankyou
Ashish Kr Tiwari
I HAVE RESERVED TRAIN JOURNEY FROM CHENNAI CENTRAL TO NEWDELHI, BY POLICE WARRANT MY WARRANT NO IS 1730761.DATE OF JOURNEY IS 24/11/2009.UN EXPECTEDLY I LOST MY TICKET, SO I WANT GET DUPLICATE TICKET FOR JOURNEY
because my some work in bhopal so plz cencle my tikit
These E tickets is bull , i also suffered from the same train cancel and train late issue. The indian railway site for arrival departure does not show right information. When the information is wrong then computer cannot return full ticket amount. I think this is railway strategy to earn money from tickets. Same thing happen on Jan 22 2010 when Swatantra senani cancelled and i then go by Prayagraj.

IRCTC, Railway Reservation - Cancellation of tickets due to train late