[Resolved]  Issue of Passport from Bhubaneswar office — Issue of Passport from Bhubaneswar office

I had applied for the issue of Passport in the prescribed form duly filled in and submitted the same with the Bank Draft for Rs.1000/- bearing DD No.702754 & via Speed Post Passport Service Receipt no.EO[protected]IN in the Head Post officer, Baripada on 11.06.2010. The computerized statement given to me by the Post Office provides the following information.

W 210165 Dated.11.06.2010
Key No.[protected]
On search of your website to track the status, it is found that no information has been provided about the acceptance of my application. Rather it says that the file no. is incorrect. The police verification has also not been done as of now!! Therefore, I am in dark about the steps already taken for the issue of passport in favor of me.
In the meantime, I had been to Bhubaneswar Passport office twice for query. I was harassed by the officers there and misguided by asking to reach out to some person who was never reachable. I was unable to locate the person concerned dealing with the matter. Nobody in there is ready to help or cooperate. Rather they try to simply extract money and cause harassment.
It is not possible on my part to go to Bhubaneswar time and again covering a distance of 270 Kms from Baripada.
I am desperately in need of help and condemn the whole system on harassing applicants for money and bribe. Strict action should be taken and the processing procedure should be made transparent for the benefit of the general public.

Please reach out to me on puja.[protected]@gmail.com.

Odisha