[Resolved]  Kaviraj Housewares - American Tourister Suitcase & Back Bag — Fraudulent Merchant & ICICI - Helpless Bank to refund money!!!!

In the month of June 2008, based on a pamphlet that I had received along with my ICICI Credit Card statement, I placed the order for Product No:1032 ( American Tourister Baggage and Back Bag) to Gifts 360(Kaviraj Housewares) . I had placed the order based on the belief that the merchant was recommended was ICICI and hence must be trustworthy. But then, I haven’t received the product till date. And the worst is that, they have already started billing me for the EMIs!!!

This is extremely unethical on the part of the merchant and I had already placed the complaint with ICICI 2-3 times but no action has been taken at your end either. All that I hear from the customer care executive every time I call up is that action would be taken but it seems to be told in the air. Finally on Sep 21, 2008, a service request( No:[protected] was logged and a hard copy of my consent to dispute with the merchant was sent to ICICI.

After continuously calling ICICI and hearing from them that the request is in process, today i heard from one of the customer care executives that the bank is in a helpless state to get a refund from the bank. When ICICI's legal department had approached the merchant, they refused to reveal any details of the transaction to the bank and the bank calmly accepted that! The customer care executive said that i cant expect any refund from the bank in spite of the fact that they know the merchant is fraudulent. This is the kind of response that one gets both from the merchant and the bank!

In India, we people are doomed to accept anything and everything as that's our fate!!! So beware all people who make online purchases!!!

Best Regards,
Latha Nathan
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Dear Sir/Maam,

Please provide us with more details as to allow us to solve your issues. Please mail me at [protected]@gift360.in as there must be some genuine reason for us not able to deliver you the product on time. There are chances that we have sent the product and it might have come back as RTO. Please feel free to call our customer care and we will surely solve your issues.

Thanking you,

Edwin Prem
Team Leader
Gift 360 (Kaviraj Housewares)

Complaint categoryCategory: Other