Kolkata Police — Robbed unscrupulously on the roads of Kolkata

Salt Lake, North 24 Parganas District, West Bengal, India
 ranjan basu
I would like to draw the attention of Kolkata Police through this column. Yesterday, I had to travel from Baisakhi in Salt Lake to Ultadanga. I was going towards the Bus stop, when I was suddenly stopped by a woman. She was asking me to donate money for Lord Shiva's puja. I refused to give her any, when she suddenly opened a wooden box which had a snake in it. The more I was showing reluctance to give money, the more was she bringing the box of snake closer to me. Soon I was surrounded by 3/4 other women who were also carrying small wooden boxes having snake them. They did not let me go untill I gave them a hundred rupee note.I am very afraid of snakes. I am feeling extremely bad to have been robbed in this way. Since I was in a hurry, I could not do anything. Although it makes no sense to go to the police station for recovering 100 rupees, as it would involve a lot of hassle, but still I would request Kolkata police to take action against such type of women, who can be seen very frequently on the streets of Salt Lake, Kolkata.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0