[Resolved]  Kuttuva Silicates — Unethical way of an officer in Dubai Transfer Point

I was travelling with my wife from London Heathrow to Chennai via Dubai on July 16, 2009 by Emirates by EK 0008 from London to Dubai and I have made some purchases of Chocalates in Duty free shops in Dubai and I have kept the same in my hand baggage and I went to board the flight after checking in transfer desk for EK 542 to Chennai at 9.30 pm. When we were about to Board, one person said to be an officer interrupted me and issued me a notice and the notice is custom clearance - Limited release & Not admissible in cabin. I was asking the reason and he did not answer anything. Similar notices were issued to several co passengers. Near to the entry to plane, my cabin baggage was taken by the officer and no receipt was issued. The baggage was in open condition and contained more number of chacolates & Biscuits.

When I asked the officer the reason, he did not answer properly and did not safeguard my property. The baggage contained cash & important documents apart from Chacolates & Buiscuits. When I came to Chennai and when I received the baggage, to my surprise, my favourite chacolates were missing.

I made several similar travels in various airports and I never had a such a bitter experience.

A genuine traveller should not be put to such a bitter experience and loss and hence the wish to lodge the complaint.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other