[Resolved]  Lally Motors/ Honda Civic — Replacement of faulty Airbag/problem related to Honda emblem on steering

I purchased my Honda Civic car from Lally Motors dealership in Chandigarh last year. The Car has not even completed one year and the colour of the Honda emblem at the center of the steering has faded as if it were 10 years old !!
When I contacted the Honda service people they forwarded me to an executive from Honda Siel Motors India. After analyzing my care the executive told me that the problem was a serious one and the emblem would have to be replaced. Now the problem is that in order to replace the emblem, the HONDA guys need to replace the Airbag on the driver's side. The executive told me that in order to get the emblem replaced, they would need to replace the airbags as well.
Now the ridiculous part is that the executive told me that since the cost of replacing the airbags amounted to approximately Rs 30, 000/- the company could not replace the part and required me to pay half that amount !!! When I argued that the car was still less than a year old and well within its warrant, I was told that the part would have been replaced free of cost had it not been so expensive. Also, the reason that the executive cited me for the fading of the emblem was that it was because of the sweat on my hands. I cannot believe that a car costing approx 12 Lacs from such a reputed brand can cause so much trouble. I am really disappointed with the treatment given by HONDA service executives.
Complaint comments

Comments

i trust u bro
me too i have a honda city and have faced a lot of harassment and rude attitude of the service professionals at honda

just gonna take one step ahead

consumer court ****and banggggggg""""
man i m just annoyed proably more than u r

just a bad luck