[Resolved]  Late Night Noise Pollution In Borivli - Mumbai — Late night noise Pollution in Borivli - Mumbai

Late night private prayers are loudly done using the loud speakers from 9 PM till 2 AM in the morning in our area in Borivali - Mumbai on almost every Saturday evening. This family owned building/ villa is known as Nand Nandan Bhavan located at the junction of Sodawala Road and R.C. Patel road behind Thakray Auditorium - Borivali West Mumbai 92 ( Near AXIS Bank / Opp Muncipal Primary school) . They also sometime make use of the loud fire crackers at around 1 AM in the morning for celebrating for the reasons best known to them. Our area is surrounded by hospitals and maternity homes. In the nearby residential housing societies there are many elederly citizens, young children, school - college students who are regularly getting disturbed due to the loud speakers and crackers. We can not study and can not sleep peacefully in the night. We have made several police complaints by dialling number 100 which has temporarily solved the problem however we are looking for a permanant solution. How can these people be so irresponsible in the name of the religion??? or is this a publicity stunt as we can see couple of banners and hoardings displayed outside this villa which talks about family owned business i.e. Mithaiwalla and Motor shops etc. Hundreds of devotees visit this place on Saturday evening. Building is always decorated with high voltage lights and bulbs. Can we afford this waste of electricity when the entire Maharshtra is facing the problem of load shading and shortage of electricity ??? We must stop this noise pollution immediately...
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-14 00:26:18
Complaint comments  15 CommentsShare0Tweet0

Comments

I am also facing similar problem in Kulupwadi, Borivali (East). Very often residents in this locality (slum cluster) use loudspeakers for their private functions. For the past some days there was some kind of festival of traditional classical Maharashtrian music going on here. And now, today 10th January 2009 there is some kind of similar loud music going on in some private house. It is impossible to sleep!
In Navi Mumbai Belapur, the residential colony called NILGIRI is also creating a similar problem to the other residents. Especially the nearby Govt colony called Ekta Vihar. On every festival occasions the Niligiri colony people are using loud speakers at a very loud noise creating considerable agony to others.
This is a regular affair. Hope the policewill act on this issue
Dear sir / Madam,
Shall I know if there is any body who takes care about common people in Mira road sector 5 (Behind Anand Hospital...mill ground.. there are cultural progammes and crackers in the ground).!!!
It is 11.45 and
1. I am not able to talk with my family members...
2. My new born baby is always waking up with shock...
3. My old parents are fed up with frustration because of non sleep...
4. I need to wake up at 3.45 to go to my job ... but the sound pollution will not even allow me to sit in peace for 5 mts... so no questin of sleeping itself...

Read in newspapers that there are many rules which restrict the decibels...
Ofcourse who cares about rules here... But atleast after 11.PM, why can't we restrict the decibels on grounds of humanity,

But unity in diversity - the great thing is that every community in and around Anand Hospital is arranging some meeting thrice a week so that no body in and around the ground should not be allowed peace of mind... and after 11.45 PM also...

Please advice the authorities to take action against the organisers who are crossing the LOC...
Because this is very very frustrating and disappointing
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I wish to complain against a private prayer group which conducts prayer meeting in Borivali (West) at I.C Colony in the building named Blossom on the 2nd floor every Sunday starting from 8.30 am in the morning which goes on till late afternoon. The loud singing and playing of drums and orchestra disturbs the nearby residents of our building and other buildings also .
Inspite of repeated requests they fail to understand our problem. They say that they have the required permission from the concerned authorities. Sunday being only one holiday in the week our peace of mind is disturbed and we get really irritated . Children get disturbed in their studies and we cannot take rest in the afternoon.
We dont understand how to stop this nuisance . If we want to make a compalint for noise pollutuion where do we report this matter. Kindly assist
I, totally agree with you MrS Buhariwalla as I am facing the same problem in Bandra, pls join our group so that we can both go on the street together and shout slogans all over mumbai,

Mrs Pithawala
Bandra

We are facing similar issues at Shreepal Nagar, Sai baba Nagar, Borivli (W), Mumbai 400092. We have a big Marriage Party plot opposite our building and everyday there are marriage cremony processions who come in and play their bands and burst fire crackers. Nowadays there are exams going on. Please advise where to complain or who to goto.
I have similar complaint. I stay in Chunabhatti East, at the begining of Gulmohar Marg. Loud speakers keep on blaring on any small occasion till late hours & crossing all possible decibal norms presribed in rules of state.

Any number of call to police station or no.100 does not help as they never take action.

I think police are not bothered about common man, they are there only for politician's safety & security - and not for law & order of public at large. Under such circumstances need of police department in Maharashtra state needs to be examined.
Same problem in Thane West. Prayers continuously go on speaker. No peace. I wonder why gods love noise pollution so much?
At Sakinaka there are few people sit and sing songs or talk on mike after 11:00pm daily... this should be stopped immediately. It disturbs our sleep as well as I can't study because of this noise pollution.
The volume is so loud that even if we shut off the windows the voice can be heard. During festivals we can understand the noise pollution. But why now. Mumbai- sakinaka police also can hear this noise.. but they are not doing anything for this. Request the concern person to look into the matter and ask them to stop this immedately.

I am the resident of Tarapor Towers, Army Complex at Andheri West, OShiwara, New Link Road .near adarsh nagar, somebody has constructed illegal patrol pump house Name Bharat Patrol pump .The patrol pump is only at the distence of 8 meter away to my building .It works Day And Night continously .

There is an extream noise of vehicles, and the pump cylinders machine during day and night, that we can not sleep during the night, .There is a extream noise of vehicles as well as drivers speaking filthy language, pump men making oll sorts of noise .like moving the drums, starting the auto, while filling the gas there is a loud scary voice, shouting, fighting oll over night keep going on

he has cunstucted few shops also, on the ground floor, in one shop washing machine is working and creating loud shrieking noise during night .

Instially the plot belongs to Hindustan leaver for residential purpose .but later on few years back converted in the patrol pump .Otherwise also being so near to residential complex only 10 meter away, It is highly dangerous to the building, it also pollutes the atmosphere.early morning it is so difficult to breath .

I want to mention here we are the retired army officials, earlier also we reported the matter to different news papers, it was published in mid day, times of india .where the patrol pump owner sent us few people to threaten us .the BMC, the Police of this area is keeping quite, reason not known .

Col Mrs M. Prasad
in ambavadi area (dahisar), these slum people are partying all night, what are they crazy!! no ones doning nothing, exams time is on, what the hell is police doing? they should ban use of loudspeaker without reason, or outside resident
Dear Sir Madam...
I am a senior citizen, unwell and with lot of medical problems. I am a resident of Mira gaon, Mira Road, Dist..thane. Most of the nights heavy music is played till 3.00 AM in the morning, in nearby areas. I am unable to sleep and my blood pressure increases to a very high level. My wife also faces same problem. The problem is very serious, Please do the needful.
I am from Kolekalyan village ...also called Charlie Anthony Chawl in Kalina santacruz east and we face the same noise pollution problem...till
Will all of you join me in my fight...we can go to police togther

My mobile no is[protected]

Gaurav
who will take action on ganesh pandals

Company:Late Night Noise Pollution In Borivli - Mumbai