[Resolved]  Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd — tToken money refund over due -not paid

Date Jan. 25, 2008

1. Received phone call from club mahindra that they have a surprise gift for us and we shall have to go to their office to collect it. Though we were not very keen for the gift and to go and to their office to collect the same, but they were successful in persuading me and my wife to go to their office.

2. Then received sms from from S SUJAT/ A SINHA indicating .their office address and they kept on guiding us to their office till we reached there.

3. On reaching their office Mr. Amar and Mr. Aziz Captain received us and persuaded us to buy their club membership which they said that they are giving to us at discounted rates and this discounted rate id available only for this day i.e. Jan. 25, 2008.

4. We refused to accept their proposal, but they kept on pressuring, so we asked them for one or two days time to think about it.

5. They convinced us to buy the discounted membership by paying a TOKEN MONEY of Rs. 19, 768.00 as the scheme was open only for the day, then they told us that we get 10 working days to think about it and their representative will visit us in 10 working days to get our final confirmation and in case we decide not buy the same, then entire TOKEN MONEY will be refunded within 30 working days. To support their argument they showed us clause 6.1 of General Conditions-Termination.

Representatives Visit
When their representative Mr. Amar visited our residence for confirmation, we decided to cancel our membership and requested them for refund.our TOKEN MONEY . Mr. Amar assured that the refund shall come automatically in 30 working days.

First week of March 2008
As the refund did not come even after 30 working days, I started following up. I was told by their office that Ms. Prachi is the person responsible for refund. It was impossible for me to talk to her as the person picking up my phone in her department will enquire all details and then tell me that they will check up and call me back, Till date I have never received any phone call from her office.

On March12 when I was connected to her on my telling the person picking up my phone in her department that I am speaking from her home,
Ms. Prachi wanted a undertaking from me that I have paid back the money to the bank as I paid token money through credit card. I immediately sent her the undertaking on the email id provided to me by her. And she assured that money will be refunded by end March March. (ref. email of 14/3/2008). But they they failed to keep commitment of refunding by end of march.

After they failed to keep commitment of refunding by end of march, I further wrote to them on April 02 (ref. my email of 2 Apr 2008)

In their reply they assured to inform refund status within 4-5 working days. (ref. their email of 4 Apr 2008)
They they failed to keep EVEN THIS commitment

I AGAIN REQUESTED THEM FOR REFUND ON 11TH AND 12TH April (ref. my email of 11&12 Apr 2008) and asked them to pay by 19/04/2008

In response to this they Requested me to provide with three working days to check on the same . (ref. their email of14 &15 Apr 2008)

I am yet to receivemy refund or even their response
I have come to the conclusion that they are in the process of cheating me of my hard earned money.

copies of email exchanged
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: "L.P.Joshi" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Subject: refund of my token money- Membership. No. 575941
To: [protected]@clubmahindra.com
Kind attn.: Ms. PRACHI
Kindly refer my telecon with you today regarding refund of Rs. 19, 768.00 paid vide my HDFC credit card as token money as membership was subsequently cancelled. It is confirmed that the said amount has been paid to HDFC bank vide cheque No. 700035 dated 02/03/2008 drawn on UTI BANK, Panvel Br. Kindly confirm receipt of this email. I await for your refund
Sincerely,
L.P.Joshi, 601, Neel Sidhi Arcade,
Sector-12, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai-410210
Tel.No. 22920820, Mobile:[protected]

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:12:20 +0530
Dear Mr.Joshi,
Greetings from Club Mahindra!!! Thank you for writing to us. At the outset we sincerely apologize the inconvenience caused to you in this regard. With regard to your mail, we would like to inform you that your concerns has been addressed by Ms.Prachi, Member relations.The refund will be despatched to you by end of march.
Thank you once again for the oppurtunity to be of service to you.
Warm regards
Rajalakshmi, Member Relations

My mail after they failed to keep commitment of refunding by end of march

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:29:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Feedback" <[protected]@Clubmahindra.com

Kind Attn. :Ms.Prachi /Ms. Rajalakshmi
Refund not yet received. Request expedite. Regards
L.P.Joshi, Mo. [protected]

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:18:40 +0530
To: "L P Joshi" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Dear Mr.Joshi, Greetings from Club Mahindra!!! Thank you for writing to us.
With regard to your mail, we would like to inform you that the cancellation is in process and Ms.Prachi, Member relations will co-ordinate and confirm the refund status within 4-5 working days.
Thank you once again for the oppurtunity to be of service to you.
Warm regards
Rajalakshmi
Member Relations
Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India Ltd.

Even this commitment for refund was not honoured.

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 04:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fwd: refund of my token money- Membership. No. 575941
To: [protected]@clubmahindra.com, navimumbai.[protected]@clubmahindra.com
Attn. Ms. Sunetra
"L.P.Joshi" <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 04:42:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: "L.P.Joshi" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Subject: Fwd: refund of my token money- Membership. No. 575941
To: navimumbai.[protected]@clubmahindra.com
Attn. Ms. Sunetra
This refers to my telecon with you today regardingrefund of my token money. I am forwarding my mail od March 12, 2008 confirming that the said amount has been paid to HDFC bank vide cheque No. 700035 dated 02/03/2008 drawn on UTI BANK, Panvel Br. Kindly confirm receipt of this email.
I await for your already delayed refund.
L.P.Joshi
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:00:50 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Feedback" <[protected]@Clubmahindra.com>

Attn.:Ms. Prachi, Ms. Sunetra,
Copy to: Mr. Aziz Casptain/ Mr. Amar ----Since money was paid on your assurences. Please help me to get back my money

you have not been able to keep your words for refunding my token money. I must get my refund latest by April 19, 2008. Other wise I will be left with no option but to proceed with legal/ other steps.
L.P.Joshi

Mon, 14 Apr 200 8 20:21:38 +0530
From: "Feedback" <[protected]@Clubmahindra.com>
Sub.:RE: 'MHRIL=699-710' Fwd: refund of my token money- Membership. No. 575941
To:"L P Joshi" <[protected]@yahoo.com>
Dear Mr. Joshi,
As you know, all o[censored]s at the Member Relations Department are here to assist you with your queries and complaints.

The point you have raised is being looked into in detail. We request you to provide with three working days to check on the same. Do rest assured that this is only because it is our endeavour to assist you with a correct and deserving redressal.
Thanking you and assuring you of our best service always.
Warm Regards,
Mersis
Member Relations
Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India Ltd

Even this commitment of 3 working days was not kept

Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:36:40 +0530
From: "Feedback" <[protected]@Clubmahindra.com> Add Mobile Alert
Subject: RE:'MHRIL=699-710' Fwd: refund of my token money- Membership. No. 575941
To: "L P Joshi" <[protected]@yahoo.com>

Dear Mr. Joshi, Greetings from Club Mahindra! Thank you for your mail. At the outset we sincerely apologize for the delay in processing your refund. We are concerned that you wish to opt out of your membership. With regard to your mail we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your request to our branch at Mumbai. Ms Prachi from the member relations will coordinate with you and update the status of your refund. Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. If you have further queries, please do mail us to [protected]@clubmahindra.com ( for reservations please do mail us to [protected]@clubmahindra.com ), all o[censored]s in the Member Relations Department are here to assist you with your queries and suggestions. Warm regards
Parveen
THERE WAS NO RESPONSE AFTER THIS

Comments

Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd — cheating the public of their hard earned money

I find Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd have cheated many of their hard earned money. I wish all people who have been cheated by this company may join hands and initiate legal action. United we shall be strong and shall be able to expose the mios deeds of Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd .
THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN HANDS MAY WRITE/ COMMENT HERE
Sir, I Drmahesh b swamy after discussion with Mr SachinKamat was offered BlueMembership on 28th february 2009, at Galleria Mall Sector 19 Vashi New Mumbai. I had paid Rs-15564/ Rupees fifteen thousand five hundred sixty four only using my PNB debit card on same day as my part of membership .But due to some reason I found the membership beyond my budget, hence I request to cancel my membership.I had already given a written letter to Mr sachin Kamat and to Mr Sagar Gajbaje and acknowledge by them at BSEL Tech park C wing 4th floor Vashi stn.on 8th March 2009 regarding with cancellation of membership.Kindly cancel my membership and refund my amount Rs15, 564/ as early as possible as I am informing u before 10 days mentioned in clause Part-c of general condition 6.1a.My contact no.is [protected] and [protected] and my address is 303 Sai sadan co-op hsg soc, opp-chitra beauty parlour, Ashok nagar, Kandivali(E) Mumbai 400101.
i am a holder of a gift certificate bearing ncertificate no. HV 123289 dt.18 09 08 want to avail this facility now from 7/4 09 to 9/4/09 in your resort at MUNNAR if it will be available at that time pl confirm any accomadation in your reort at that time otuerwise pl let me know when it will be available thanks a lot PL. E-MAIL AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE----S. K. BANERJEE
21st July, 2009

this is regarding our member ID NO.619553. since we have paid 12 months EMI @19.777/- as full part we request you to acknowledge the same and send us the receipt for the total amt. received from yr end i.e. Rs.2, 79, 000/- and post it to my residential address. also i want to know that if i have to avail international holiday is it that each and every time i have to pay some percentage against my trip. then what is that 2, 79, 000 that i paid for. then also we hv to pay every year additional maintenance chrgs that will increase yr by yr at present rs.7333/- this is tomuch as we are entitled of 1 week holdiay yearly and this additional amt. is beyond our capacity so i will be greatful if you explain to me this.
thanking you, ANN S.LOBO. Eucress Bldg., D-8, Wadala E, Mumbai-37 cell no. [protected]/[protected]