[Resolved]  Maruti 800 A/C — A/c foul smell

I had bought Maruti800 in Jan 2007. And my vehicle number is TN10Q- 8415, purchased from Popular vehicles and services Chennai Anna nagar Branch, It is unfortunate, myself having served the automobile industry for the past 19 years, had paid the price of owning a Maruti 800. Let me come to the point straight.

Right from the day one I have been complaining about A/C when switched ON, foul smell enters the cabin, be it any mode, whether low or high flow mode. Whenever I pass any smoky area, garbage area or stinky area then the foul smell totally enters through the A/c vent and all my family members including me get suffocated for nearly 10 to 15 minutes till the foul smell goes out.

I had taken up the matter first with the Service Advisor, then to the work shop manager of Popular Vehicles and services here in Chennai Saligramam Branch. No exaggerations, after giving my vehicle for 19 (nineteen) times for the same complaint, still the same condition. Every time when the vehicle comes out from the garrage I am being assured that the problem is fixed. When I had gone there for the 20th time for the same complaint, the Service Manager guided me to Maruti Service Masters, Guindy, means pass on the buck and again the same old story. Now I had given my vehicle with MSM, Guindy for the eighth time and even these people are not able to fix the problem. Means overall, I have stepped into Maruti service station for 27 times for the same complaint.

Being terribly fedup, I tried giving the car to ABT Maruti Service, Saligramam branch, behind Bharani Hospital Chennai, it is still worse story. The Service incharge promised to call me sometime later since the garrage was full of vehicles with water flooding inside the car problems. It is two weeks since I have not received any call from him.

You might ask me why should I not giveup giving the vehicle to Maruti service station at all. The reason behind all this toil is to fix this problem since my son is suffering from a terrible disease that has already shortened his life span and above all this foul smell entering inside chokes him completely and makes him fall on the ground.

Can I expect some help from any of the Maruti service station. Be it anywhere in India, I am willing to drive it to that place and get the problem fixed, just to make my son comfortable atleast atleast in his last stages, while he is travelling. Though the vehicle is still under Warranty I am willing to pay for the repair and spares if necessary and this is just for my son;s sake.

My e-mail address is [protected]@yahoo.com.

Venkatesh
An upset Maruti Owner.

Comments

Maruti 800 A/C — ofter 3 free service problam is as it is

sir
i m subodh shanker i m purchase a Maruti 800 a/c car in july 2008.ofter first service my car left side indicater is always on when i m going on back gair with break.ofter 3 free services companys machinik is fail for solving this problam.
so kindly solve my problam.
with thanx.

subodh shanker

Maruti 800 — spares

spares not given to counter sales, our parts staff says thats maruthi rules.
please resolve the problem
we bought maruti alto 800 in jan 2013.. it has gas like smell from the beginning and reached it started burning our eyes.. we took it to service center several times, they would do something and smell will lessen for few hours.. finally took it ot dealer at somajiguda, hyderabad from where we bought the car.. they kept the car for a month.. no results.. we want them to replace the car, no results.. we are asking them to give us a car to use till they figure out and fix the problem.. no results..

at least 100 people know about this problem.. if any executive is reading this.. do u think u shld get this fixed and provide some better customer service or u wnat us to die in that smell and spend our money byu nt using our car for which we paid our hard earned money and now spening more on transport because u cannot fix your problem and refuse to cooperate?? IS this how u provide cutsomer service??? I am shocked to see such carelessness at ur end..

Fix it!
so sad to hear such horrible complaints and i don't see any response from maruti over here..

Complaint categoryCategory: Other