[Resolved]  Maruti Countrywide Finance- Car Loan Account MMU00003643 — Wrong Interest Amount levied on Bounced cheques

We have purchased the Maruti 800 AC car in Dec- 2006 on EMI for five years, through GE Money (now,Maruti Countrywide Finance ). Loan account number: MMU[protected]. The loan is now over and we have paid all the installments. During the course of loan some cheques were bounced, but the entire EMI amount was paid in cash the very next day.

Now even after paying the entire loan amount, I am getting phone calls for payment of Rs.11, 000 extra charges for late payment fees and interest. But no such interest charges were mentioned in the “Welcome Letter” at the time of signing of contract. Neither they informed us, about the charges when those cheques were bounced. In Welcome letter it was only mentioned that there would be additional charges in case of non-receipt of payment. But in our case we have paid the entire EMI amount next day in cash.

On contacting Maruti Countrywide office, they are not willing to give us anything in writing on how they arrive on these charges? Today when I again spoke to their representative, she mentioned the she cannot give us anything in writing and can only reduce the amount from 11,000 to 8,000. And after payment of that amount they only will provide us the” No Objection Certificate” and other related documents.
Sir we are willing to pay the late payment fees, but since, nothing was mentioned related to interest and other charges, I do not find it feasible to pay. And more over should not the finance company provide everything in to writing instead of making phone call?

Sir, we would really appreciate, if you could please look in to this matter? Please advise the plausible solution. Is there any consumer forum or Ombudsman which deals in Car Loan related grievances?
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

GE MONEY AUTO LOAN NO. MBOM00012419
I have taken the above auto loan from Maruti Countrywide finance in the month of Nov. 2005.
For last 4 years I have been paying the EMI regularly.
It has so happened that there has been some problem in the June 2009 EMI.
The same was infromed to me on phone by the call centre.
There has been no written communication from GE Money till date in this regard.
GE Money says that the cheque given by me has bounced.
I verified with my bankers but they have confirmed that the said cheque has never been presented for clearance. GE Money is unnecessarily harassing us by giving different reasons for the same, but not providing anything in writting or returning my so call bounced cheque.

Complaint categoryCategory: Loans