[Resolved]  MGS Movers & Packers / Transporters — Non-Delivery of goods by Transporters

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is in reference to the Non-Delivery of my goods by the Packers & Movers hired by me. Below are the details of the case.

Please note that since I am getting married and shifting from DELHI to BANGALORE thus I had hired MGS Packers & Movers (located in #3Tajpur Road, Sharma Market, Badarpur, Delhi -110044) on 17.09.09 and had paid them INR 4,800/- ,full amount in advance, as desired by them. I had received the contact of MGS Packers & Movers from JustDial[protected].

The details of the Transit are as below :

*Contact Person : Mr. Manoj (Mobile No. [protected] and [protected])
*Transporter : Multi Grade Service (MGS) Packers & Movers
* Date of Transit : 17th September 2009
* Source Location : 28/177, 1st Floor, Vikram Vihar, New Delhi 24
* Destination Location : Plot No. 55/3, Shri Renuka Enclave, Flat No. 2, VIII Block, Kormangala, Bangalore 560095.
* Payment Receipt No: 110
* Bilti No. : 5328
* Consignment description : 1 Fridge - 165 liters, 1 two burner Gas Stove, 1 empty gas cylinder, 1 Travel Bag (full of Clothes and Books), 3 carton boxes (full of Household items, Clothes, books, 1 new Multifunctional Inflatable Double couch)

It was promised by Mr. Manoj that MGS P&M would deliver my goods in Bangalore within next 7 days. The goods never got delivered, for next one month,whenever we inquired from them about the status of transit, they would give us new excuses like - Driver got ill , Goods went to Bangalore but returned back due to wrong labellings on the goods. They never respected the commitment given by them and use to give us a new story on every call.

Subsequently, Mr. Manoj said that the Dispatch Officer of MGS - Mr. Khan (Mobile no. [protected]), thinks that MGS has not charged us the reasonable money and thus wants us to pay an additional cost for delivering the goods. I spoke to Mr. Khan and he agreed to send the goods on the additional payment (we agreed for the additional payment because we were desperate to have our goods at the earliest). But they wanted us to pay the additional amount of INR 2,000/- again in advance, which we declined and requested to collect the same on the delivery of goods in Bangalore.

We also contacted the police in Amar Colony Police Station (New Delhi) but they simply denied to lend us a help, saying that it was a issue of "Consumer Court" and they cannot help us much on this issue.

Thus again we got back on our dialogues with the Transporter (MGS Packers & Movers), but they would not deviate from the demand. We also wrote several mails to their MD on the email id : [protected]@yahoo.co.in, but never got a revert from their end.

Since last 3 days, I am not able to reach anyone in MGS Packers & Movers on the Phone because all the numbers ( Land Line:[protected] / Manoj : [protected]& [protected]/ Khan : [protected]) are coming "NOT REACHABLE".

Today on 27th November 09, it has been more than 60 days that the goods have not been delivered or even returned to us.

Request you to kindly help/ guide us on this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaishali Tiwari
Email : [protected]@gmail.com
Mobile : +91 [protected] & +91 [protected]
Permanent Address : 2/744, Sector H, Jankipuram, Lucknow -226021
Temporary Address: 1512 | DLF Galleria | 15th Floor | DLF Phase IV | Gurgaon 122002

Comments

God forbid, if you come across - http://www.tbcpackersandmovers.com/ - BEWARE. He has a functional website and listings all over the online business directories.

I know of this above mentioned tirupati balaji and subhash choudhary, who swindled my goods and kept "sitting on" them for about 3 months, and then delivered it after pressurising.

My case was similar, in June 2008, parcel goods from gurgaon to hyderabad, by this Tirupati Balaji Cargo packers and movers from badarpur-bijwasan-dwarka area.

Hearing the case and having been a victim myself, i would be DEFINITELY BIASED AGAINST this packers and movers, to start with. Moreover, I know complainer personally and trust her words well.

To whom it concerns: PLEASE HEAR THE CASE and HAVE JUSTICE MET OUT.

And, for the future: PLEASE HIRE A REPUTED Packers & Movers COMPANY, or at least one who HAS A POSITIVE REVIEW. And if it comes to worst, TAKE take the luggage IN THE BRAKE VAN, OR PARCEL it through the RAILWAYS. Trust me, IT IS WORTH THE PAIN!!!
Vaishali,

You should now understand by now that you have been cheated by the transporter or a dummy company imposing as a transporter.

They are not interested in your 2000. They are interested in the goods worth more than a lac. It would have been sold to 2nd hand purchasers by now or been delivered to the managers farm house you are trying to email..

This is a case of cheating and theft.
You should approach JustDial, Transport association and obviously first of all higher authorities in the Police.
Police station not lodging complaint against the transporter also raises doubts.

What will you do if the transporter company vanishes in few days, after cheating few more people like you?

I feel JustDial is an absolute involved miscreant here by introducing you to a cheater. All others beware of justdial! just see what is the moral level of companies or individuals associated with JustDial!!
I have known several other cases of reputed companies for poor or no service.

CASE1.
Agrawal Movers and Packers takes house hold goods from Bhopal to Ghaziabad.
Gives receipt for loading and unloading at both places.

At 4 AM in Ghaziabad the truck driver calls the owner of goods to arrange hammals (porters) for arranging the unloading. He says they don't have any office in Ghaziabad so the owner has to arrange for unloading in 30 minutes.

If not unloaded, he would dump on road or in a ware house out side of Noida. Owner has to collect the goods from there after paying extra mileage and unloading costs.

After arranging to call him back by local police with the help of senior gazzetted officer, the driver unloads the goods with the help of road side persons, by taking unloading payment again from owner.

Here in this case, Agrawal may be big one to vanish but the other problems are quite similar.

I absolutely agree with Raghav saying go for Railways. OR look for transporter that you know personally - after all it is your house hold