[Resolved]  More Departmental Store, Domlur, Bangalore 71 — False allegation of theft

I visited the More store in Domlur layout on March 10, 2010, to buy groceries on my way back from office. I had kept a biscuit packet (Brittania Treat, Jim Jam) which I got from the office at evening snacks time, in the sidepocket of my handbag. After finishing my billing I reached the security to show my bill, to my dismay, I find a woman asking me to hand my handbag for check and she took out the biscuit packet and starting alleging that I had flicked it from the store. I tried to convince her that I had the packet while the entering the store did not work. She took me to the store manager who in turn supported her allegation saying that she saw me picking it from the store and putting it in my bag. I asked them to come along with me to the office and clarify with the security if what I was telling them was right or wrong to which they refused still continuing on with the allegation. I have no other way to prove my innocence then to ask one of the staff to check with the security of my office who keeps a list of people who collect snacks from the office. I was humiliated in front of all the customers and staff at More. Having shopped for products worth Rs 400, do u think I would do such a cheap thing as to steal a biscuit packet...not worth it.. I need help to prove my innocence..

Complaint categoryCategory: Food