Mumbai Taxi Union — Violence against passengers

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 akilgodhrawala
The taxi drivers in Mumbai are very rude and violent when questioned for not ready to ferry the passengers on hire. They even resort to violence, for me it was in the form of driving away the vehicle thereby injuring me.

This happened to me a around a month an a half ago when I asked a taxi which was on hire at Gamdevi, South Mumbai. Anticipiting a refusal to take me to my desired place which was Crawford Market, I opened the door simutaneouly telling him about my place. The hostile driver immediately sped the car wiht the door open and my hand still grabbing the door. I was literally dragged away upto a distance till I fell and the driver drow away wiht the vehicle and even jumping forthcoming Traffic Signal. I sustained minor bruises on my left arm and knees due to the fall. I could not read the number plate as the time i got up from the road, the taxi had vanished. I could only see that it was a Hyundai Santro/Maruti Wagon R Model of vehicle due to it's shape and size.

I sincerely request this matter to be taken up with the concerned authorities and penalise the Taxi Unions & RTO authorities for granting licence to taxi drivers who refuse to ply on hire at the choice of customers.

Comments

Dear sir

my boy is studing in std. vii b in ies modern engligh high school portugues church dadar.
alongwith with his teacher and other students he went to 7 rasta mumbai central with one of the taxi from dadar for competition

in the decky they have kept tabala and harmonium. but they forgott to unload the tabala and harmomnium at 7 rasta.

if taxi driver returns the same to MODERN ENGLISH HIGH SCHOOL PORTUGUES CHURCH DADAR AND CONTACT TEACHER MRS. MONYE, WILL BE SUITBABLY REWARDED.

THANKS

SHRIHARI GODSE
DECEMBER 2ND, 2010
I want to complain against the taxi driver of taxi number 2195. He was driving rashly and cutting through lanes without taking a look at the side mirrors and looking at the cars around him. He almost crashed into our car while getting into the lane we were in without checking how far our car was. But thankfully we were driving slowly due to the traffic and this avoided a possible collision. When we went ahead he had already switched lanes and was in the lane beside us. My friend who was driving asked him to drive carefully as the way he was driving could lead to an accident but he instead started abusing and yelling at my female friend. When I and our other friend intervened he started abusing us too and also the others who were around. Even after this he was still cutting through lanes carelessly and after he crossed the signal he became all the more reckless. He started abusing us again when we passed from near the taxi. This happened at the Kherwadi signal south bound at 9PM.
The Kherwadi signal anyway is a bottleneck due to flyover construction and such drivers just add on to the chaotic traffic situation there. The taxi driver needs to learn his manners and especially he should know how to talk to females. Also he really needs to learn how to drive properly. He is not just putting his life in danger but also of the passengers of the taxi and other people on the road. I would request the concerned authorities to take strict action against him.
Hi I want to complain against a taxi driver of no MH.03.3262 who was driving rashly n near andheri stn touched my car and when my
Mom asked him y he did so he strtd gvving bad words n when I went outside my car n asked him politely he came dashing at me which caused a lot of mess ...
Sir I have all faith in law please take necessary actions against him...
Abhishek Shrikant Shetye