Mumbai Traffic Police — Harrasment by traffic police.

iComplaints
We are a distributors, and have to distribute materials all - over mumbai. We are being harassed by these traffic hawaldars very frequently. Recently, one of these traffic hawaldar told my vehcile driver to give monthly Rs.300/- otherwise don't come.

I dont know how to tackle these dogs.
Complaint comments  7 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

Traffic police of mumbai — harrassment

10 DAYS BACK I HAVE GONE TO BANDRA RECLAMATION AS I HAVE TO GO TO MY COLLEGE MET INSTITUE FOR SOME DOCUMENTS. AT RECLAMATION SOME TRAFFICE PEOPLE STOPPED ME SAYING BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE AS IT IS A SEA BRIDGE. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY BOARD OR ANYTHING WHICH IS SHOWING THAT BIKES CANT GO TO THAT WAY. I WAS NOT AWARE OF THE FACT. THEY HAVE ASKING ME FOR RS. 1200 AS A FINE . I SAY WHERE IT IS WRITTEN THAT BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED AND I CAME BY MISTAKE.ALSO SOME MORE BIKERS HAVE CAME THERE SAME TIME THEY ALSO SUFFERED THE SAME PROBLEM. TRAFFFIC POLICS IS TAKING UNDUEADVANTAGE OF THIS.BY CHARGING OR PENALISING BIKERS IN ANY WAY.
Raise your voice against corruption and Indian police.

www.kaminababu.com

Mumbai Traffic Police — Major Traffic Bottlenecks at Hill Road Garden Mehboob Studio

From Hill Road Garden towards St.Andrews Church the road is always choc-a-bloc with a lot of vehicles mainly cars, trucks, private buses & BEST buses. Of course over the years with the rise in number of vehicles this was to be expected but there is another issue to be addressed.

Unlike in the past, before the Sea Link was thrown open to traffic, there weren't so many vehicles coming from both directions, Santacruz/Khar & from Worli/City which adds to the already excessive traffic in & around Bandra. The end result being that the Mehboob Studio Junction has become a big bottleneck for traffic in Mount Mary.

Unfortunately the existing roads aren't being used to divert traffic as desired because right from the Lilavati Junction there is so much vehicular movement as never seen before. Despite the flyovers being built for connection to Western Express Highway many motorists prefer to go through Bandra anyway.

Another area which is witnessing a massive traffic problem is the Waroda/Veronica Road mainly because of the above issues. So in a nutshell those living anywhere in the interiors of Bandra commuting to places like Linking Road, Station, Bandra Kurla etc is going to present a real challenge.

Certain classes of vehicles like Private Luxury Buses, Trucks, Tempos which are anyway not destined to enter Bandra should be kept out otherwise the peace of this neighborhood will be forever affected by noise, pollution, constraints on vehicular movement etc

If some traffic management systems could be put in place for better management & handling it would be immensely beneficial to residents of this once peaceful suburb.

Mumbai Traffic Police — Traffic Bottleneck Public Nuisance

I've submitted a complaint Ref #4237 dated 15th Aug'10 regarding absolute confusion & mayhem at the Bandra (West) Lucky Restaurant on all weekdays when people try to go to work. There's no proper traffic management here & no responsibility by anyone
Yesterday I was stopped by Hawaldar near Andheri sub way while I was driving to my office. To my surprised he started arguing with me saying that I was talking on the phone, so I denied that I wasn't and also asked him to prove bcoz I wasn't talking. After a while he told me that speaker phone of my mobile was on and I was talking on phone so I showed him my phone which was in a switch off mode so he got annoyed and started asking for money (bribe) I clearly told him that I won't give him a single penny so he confiscated my license and gave me a memo just for harassment and his ego satisfaction. Now I will have to attend court to get my license back. I am really upset with this stupidity and high handedness of mumbai traffic police. Name of that traffic hawaldar is V.B.Patil and I am sure he must have joined traffic police only to make money and not for convenience of people. I don't know when we law abiding tax payers will get freedom from this thieves on mumbai roads. God bless us all.
well I agree that some Road traffic officers are corrupt and we must kinda expose these officers. Its because of these few officers the whole department is getting a bad name. I am sure there are many officers who work very had and sincerely as well we need to appreciate and thank them.

These corrupt officers are a major threat to our city and nation and should be named as "DESH KE GADDARS". They are probably worst then the external threat that we have and we need to deal with these people first.

Lets bring about a change and make this city and country a better place to live in by getting rid of these GADDARS.

Traffic Jam on Lower Parel Bridge

There is heavy traffic jam on Lower Parel Bridge due to Buses and Cars Parked in up&down Lane
Whether Traffic Department has given permission to park the buses and cars on Lower Parel Bridge

+91 2492 7234
    +91 2494 0303
    25/Sir Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400025
    Mumbai Traffic Police - Harrasment by traffic police.