[Resolved]  N.M.HASHIM & CO., — Misbehavior of T.T.E with Passengers of Lal Bagh Express-2607 (Chennai to Bangalore) in A.C chair car couch dated 10.07.2009

11th July 2009

To
Shri S.K.Gupta
Addl. Divisional Railway Manager
Southern Railways
Park Town
Chennai – 600003.

Dear Sir

Sub : Misbehavior of your T.T.E with Passengers of Lal Bagh Express-2607 (Chennai to Bangalore) in A.C chair car couch dated 10.07.2009

With reference to the above, I would like to bring to your kind notice that the following untoward and unexpected inconvenience happened to me when I traveled Chennai to Ambur by Lal Bagh Express-2607 in A.C chair car couch dated 10.07.2009.

I wish to introduce myself as N.Farooq Ahmed, Aged : 54 years resident of Ambur, A leading industrialist, having Tannery and Shoe factories in Ambur. Around 2000 people are working in my factories. With our export turn over is around 100 crores per annum benefiting foreign exchange to our country. My head office is in Chennai. Since 22 years I frequently travel to Chennai – Ambur vice versa. Yesterday when I started from Chennai by Lal Bagh Express with my reserved A.C chair car ticket upto Ambur. Unfortunately my ticket remained WL-1. I was standing inside the A.C coach waiting for the T.T.E to come, quite late the T.T.E has come. As I am a regular passenger in this train but I found him new face. He slowly started checking all the passengers’ tickets.

When I shown my ticket to him, after seeing my wait listed ticket he forced to me stay away from the A.C coach and go to second class, though my ticket was reserved for A.C chair car. I was terribly upset when he again forcibly insists me to get out from the A.C coach and meet him after two hours. Chennai to Ambur journey time is 2½ Hrs, I found some 5-7 seats in A.C coach was remain vacant. The T.T.E refused to allot the seat for me and also 2 co-passenger ladies. We are mentally harassed and ill treated by your (A.C coach) T.T.E.

Needless to say I have recently undergone a leg operation due to some Road accident. I cannot stand more than 10 minutes because the leg pain started. If you want I will produce all medical papers. Despite my sincere request he doesn’t consider me and left me to travel in standing. Due to his rude and rough behavior with me I was very upset. Generally Business people, Educated people and Political persons traveling in A.C coach. Such rude T.T.E must be punished for his mis behavior with the passengers.

After Arakkonam passed he allotted me the seat and strictly told me to get up and when some other passenger claims the seat. Till Ambur nobody claimed the seat.

As I am regular and frequent traveler I know most of the T.T.Es, they behave with us very friendly and we also respect them. But in my 22 years experience this is the first time I had this bitter experience. When my destination nearing, the T.T.E asked me to submit the ticket with him. I refused to do so informing him that I have to show the ticket in the exit of Ambur Railway station. I told him to complaint about his misbehavior with higher authorities. With all arrogance he recklessly answered me to take it up the matter wherever you want.

I sincerely hope you will take appropriate immediate action on the particular T.T.E. Copy of my Train ticket is enclosed for your kind reference and necessary action.

Thanking you,
For N.M.HASHIM & CO.

N.Farooq Ahmed
(Managing Director)

Comments

plz take action against that TTE.ask him behave properly with elders,
Please take action against the TTE while there is seat available and there is no body claims the seat till Mr. Farooque' reached destination, it obviously clear that TTE will fully avoided to allot the seat to Mr. Farooq, so what would be reason behind it, and also why should he has to claim the ticket.
Forgiveness is big point in Islam. Just forgive him may be he is innocent. He may elder in job and age but i think his mind is like a child. Leave it sir. Surely himself get a punishment from God.
The complaint is genuine, as there are ways to even tell negative with a soft tone and appropriate gesture. Agreed that the railway rules does not give room for such immediate reservation but surely instead of throwing out someone who has considerable reasons and a regular business class traveler, The TTE would have temporarily allowed him to sit at the vacant seats.
Further more a warning letter must be issued to the TTE for using rough language with senior business class people or at least to those who have a valid A/C tickets.
Now is the right time, Railways should educate their clerks, and TTEs Soft skills and monitor their progress also in that aspect in the form of ANNUAL REPORT.
To janab Farooq Ahmed, i request to pardon him, as in islam we follow:
"Pardon them and overlook - Allah loves those who do good" (Qur'an 5:13)

"Those who control their anger and are forgiving towards people; Allah loves the good." (Qur'an, 3: 134)

The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allâh ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.

But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient, and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of the happiness in the Hereafter i.e. Paradise and in this world of a high moral character). (Qur'an 41:34-35)

There are many hadiths that tell us of the importance of forgiving and accounts of those who have forgiven and pardoned others,

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) reported that once there was a merchant who would lend money to people. If he saw anyone in difficult circumstances he would say to his children, “Pardon him his debt, perhaps Allah will pardon us.” Then Allah did pardon him.

and similarly the Muslims of the early generations had a similar forgiving nature...

Ja’far ibn Muhammad (may Allah have mercy on him) said, “For me to regret after having pardoned someone is more beloved to me than to feel regret after punishing someone.”

Qatadah was asked, “Which person has the highest standing?” He replied, “The one most abundant in his pardon.”

and to show the great reward given to the one who is forgiving and pardons others...

The Messenger of Allah was seated in a gathering with the Sahabah when he looked towards the entrance and said, “A man of Paradise is coming.” At that instance someone who seemed to be very ordinary entered the mosque where they were seated. A Sahabi WaS curious as to why the Prophet .‘ said this, so he followed the man to his house. This Sahabi told the man that he was a traveler and stayed as a guest. For three days the Sahabi saw nothing unusual, so he finally told the man what the Prophet had said and asked him what was so special. The man thought for a long time and said, “There might be one thing — before going to sleep every night I forgive everyone and sleep with a clean heart."
may Almighty Allah give us all patience to control our angers and give us the respect (wata izzu man tasha vu wa ta zillu man tasha)

Complaint categoryCategory: Other