[Resolved]  National desert travels — credit card fraud

The Manager
Head Qualty Service
ICICI Bank

I am working with National Desert Travel Company in Dubai from last about four years and off & on I keep on visiting India, in relation to my work.

Two years back, when I was in India some official from your Bank visited my house and asked me to make the payment of my outstanding dues against credit card no. [protected]. I was shocked to hear this. Without wasting any time I visited your office situated at Videocon Tower, Cannaught place and on enquiry it was revealed by one of your executives, who attended me, that a card bearing No. [protected] was issued by the Bank in my name and the same was delivered at LGF, 31/32, Vijaya Building, Barakhamba Road, Cannaught place, New Delhi - an address not known to me. He also gave me two mobile numbers i.e [protected], [protected], which according to your bank records were furnished to the bank at the time of issuance of the said Credit Card. The said executive handed over to me the statement of said Credit card issued in my name on the above mentioned address. I told the bank employee that I neither applied for any Credit Card nor signed any documents with regard to the said card. I did not receive the said Credit Card as the address at which it was delivered was not mine. I further showed the visa entries in my passport to prove and convince the said executive that at the time o[censored]se of the said card, as per the statement supplied by the bank, I was not in India.

Thereafter I was made to meet some senior executive of the Bank and apprised him about the matter and told him that all this cannot be done without the connivance & help of your employees & I therefore intend to file a complaint with the police. On this he persuaded me not to do so and assured me that he would conduct an enquiry in the matter. The said senior executive told me not to worry & the matter would be resolved. He further assured me that I would not be required to pay any amount. Hearing this, I was satisfied and therefore dropped the idea of making a police complaint for taking legal action against the person who used the said credit card.

Somewhere around 10th September, 2009, I applied for a Home Loan through Axis Bank, but was shocked to know that my Home Lone application was rejected because of the ‘CIBIL SCORE’. On inquiry it was revealed that your bank had done it because I have not paid the outstanding amount of the said Credit card issued in my name. Thereafter I collected all the information which was given by your bank to me in regard to the said Credit card when I first visited your bank two years back in connection with the said Credit Card.

From the mobile number given to me by the bank executive two years back, I came to know that these numbers belonged to one Gaurav Aggarwal, who was working in a company named AERIN Tour and Travel Pvt. Ltd, Lajpat Nagar, in which I was the Director at that time.

From the above facts it is clear that the miscreant Gaurav Aggarwal got issued the said Credit Card in my name. But I am surprised as to how, without even verifying the ID poof furnished by Gaurav Aggarwal, your bank issued the credit card. How did your bank accept the forged signature made by Gaurav Agarwal at the time of making the application for issue of Credit Card. I am sorry to say, but without the involvement of your staff, the card could not have been issued. It is also clear that the Bank staff did not even cared to verify the address at which they delivered the said Credit Card, whether I reside at that address or not, which proves the collusion of bank officials.

In view of the above stated fats it is requested to your good self to take up the matter with CIBIL and do the needful with in 7 days from today, failing which I shall be constrained to take appropriate legal action.

Thanking You,

Vikas Gupta

S-334 Greater Kailash-1 , New Delhi
mobile : [protected]

Comments

Dear Vikas,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'll contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

ICICI Customer Service Team.
National Desert travel is such unprofessional coy... I have booked a tour with them and at the last moment they told me that my visa can not be granted. If they would have told me earlier i would not have issued my tickets. Now I cannot travel but I have to pay the cancellation to the airline. There is no coordination among the employees sitting in Dubai. They are just so rude at time that I cant even explain.

Bloody...
I am Dealing with national desert travels since a long time .they are absolutely fine company.let me tell you dear that the visa is at the sole descreation of the embassy and the immigration office.a particular travel company is not responsible for this.

rohit kumar