[Resolved]  Nokia E71 — Nokia's pathetic products, service and customer care

Nokia E71 The Bloody Business Phone, Also Nokia the dirtiest brand that I have ever come across and its employees the worst in case of customer centricity and responsiveness.

I picked up a Nokia E71 phone from a Nokia Priority dealer at Koramangala in Bangalore. This was on 21st Oct 2008 and I had shelled out 22K INR for this brand new business phone which Nokia claims will satisfy all your business needs- Yes that is true it satisfied their(Nokia's) business needs and not mine. It has killed my time and every now and then it had one or the other problems like call drops, hanging, lose of data stored on the phone / memory card etc.Ihad to give this phone for repair at Samravathi Technologies, a Nokia service center atleast 4 times in the last 1 month and 15 days. The worst part is that this Samravathi Technologies like all other Nokia Care centres does not have a Manager. Its engineer’s are'nt qualified. They only know to reinstall the software!! and the phone is isn't getting better after that too. The receptionists does not know how to handle customers, they even do not speak proper English. Every time I took my handset over there they told me to take a backup of the data on the phone cos their policy does not allow them to take backup. Let me ask you one thing, how can Nokia sell this phone in the market, which I believe do not meet any quality norms/standards. Also this being a business phone, one would always store and use business/personal data on this, just like we do in a laptop. How can a phone that is always in service centres be used to store data, how can we trust it and save our data.

Secondly the Nokia Call Center/ customer care is the one that I doubt will be there in any part of the world. They never follow up on the complaints I gave them. They used to tell me that they or sometimes their manager / Floor manager would revert my call by say after 48 hrs, before 3 O' clock etc. They gave me promises 5 times atleast and they never got back and when I asked for a point for escalation they told that they are there to help and that there is no other point of escalation. Every call I made to these customer care centres lasted for about 25 mins, so 25mins * 5 times = 125mins. I wasted this much time / money alone for getting a response but without they still has not provided any resolution to this issue. I have kept the NOKIA E71 in my showcase just to show my friends / family and future generation about the great phones that Nokia has and launches for customers like us to decorate the showcases and not for communication / business purposes.

The names of the Nokia executives are Shilpa and Pramod
Also the manager’s names that were told to me were Syed and Prashanth.

Comments

NOKIA E-71 — FREQUENT HANG OFF

MY NOKIA E-71 PURCHASED FROM DUBAI LAST YEAR NOV IS FREQUENTLY HANGING OFF. ONLY AFTER REMOVING THE BATTERY AND REINSTALLING THE PHONE WORKS AGAIN. UNFORTUNATELY WARRANTY CARD BILL IS LOST. IF YOU COULD DO SOMETHING REGARDING THIS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

NOKIA. E 71 — FREQUENT HANGING

ALREADY I LODGED A COMPLAINT REG FREQUENT HANGING OF NOKIA E71.SO FAR NO RESPONSE.I HOPE YOU RESPOND TO THIS MAIL

Nokia E71 — Yes

I lost my mobile on 6th evening while travelling Anna Nagar (Via T Nagar - train) to East Tambaram Chennai.

I hereby request you find out / arrange to find out, send / arrange to send information or mobile to me.

This mobile was mine, I purchased the same at tirupati, the copy of invocie attached with the same.

Your name: D Ramesh Babu

Address: 3N, Coramandal Park appartment,
543/163 Velacherry Main Road,
East Tambaram, Selaiyur,
Chennai - 600059

Phone model: E71
Make: Nokia
Last used No.: [protected] (I using same number by way of other sim card)
E-mail for communication: [protected]@yahoo.co.in
Missed date: 06.10.2009 - 18.30pm to 21.30pm
IMEI No.: [protected]
Blocking the usage of phone visa IMEI numbers is not in the hands of the service provider.

Its in the hands of Assistant commissioner of police or equivalent cadre. You need to file a FIR with local police station and then need to approach Cyber crime police with the same FIR.

Then your phone will be blocked.

B.S.Prasad

Nokia E71 — Pathetic E71 with its Nokia Priority service

I have purchased a Nokia E 71 it was working properly for eight months and then it started showing its true colours it started shutting down automatically and hanging frequently and after some time problem worsened and phone was not getting ON with its ON/OFF button .
I gave my phone for repair at nokia care they told me it will take around One week.I had given the phone for reparing on 15.09.09 and till date (i.e 28.10.09) i have not recd. the phone from them every time i am told new problem and funniest thing is they told me that parts are not avilable for E 71 .

I will suggest each and every person not to purchase nokia phone they are taking us for granted.Nokia is having only name not service no product quality .Chinese mobile are better then nokia atleat they last for 1 year.

Nokia India