[Resolved]  Okaya Battery XL-5000 — Problem in the Okaya battery(Model- XL-5000) within a year of purchase.

We purchased an Okaya XL-5000 battery around an year ago. We were promised a backup of 3.5 - 4 hours by the company. But the battery is giving the backup of just one hour from the past five months. Five months ago, we complained about this problem to the company. A mechanic came to our house to see the battery and attached a machine with it to increase the acid in the battery. After 2 days, he came and remove the machine and said that it will do well and give a backup of 3.5 - 4 hours as promised by the company at the time of purchase.

But it didn't happen. The backup was of just 1-1.5 hours again. We complained again but we were asked to wait for few more weeks. But nothing changed in that time. Then we complained again. This time a mechanic came and said that there is a fault in your inverter. We complained it to the Microtek(Our inverter company) and they said that the problem is in the battery only as the inverter is completely fine. They also said that the mechanic of Okaya is misguiding us.

We have never seen this kind of response from a company like Okaya.

Praveen Kumar Jain

Comments

Please give me the website address where I can know the process of make a complain of this okaya battery and the norms for exchange the battery under warrantee period. I have been misguided by the dealer in Bhabua who provided me the Okaya battery for my inverter for domestic use.

Vijay Kumar Gupta
Bhabua Kaimur
I am also facing the same problem. Will any one help and give the e-mail address of okaya consumer dealer. and also how many days guarantee/ warranty okaya company gives.
I have experienced the worst of Okaya Battery SL 500T. The battery has burst on its own during charging mode. The dealer and service engineer of Okaya says the battery is either dropped or hit by an object.

Surprisingly the battery has no external body injury mark to support their statement.
They just refused to give replacement of battery cost us approx Rs. 8000/- and worked only for two months.

I am going to post the photographs of the battery which do have any sign of mishandling.

email of service chief is [protected]@alladeincare.com
e-mail of company is [protected]@okayapower.com
website is www.okayapower.com

my e-mail: [protected]@hotmail.com
The services are pathetic. I launch a complaint on 24th Apr 2013, Complaint number is 79241. I have been following it up for the last 10 days, no response from the company. I sent mail, still no response. One [protected]@alladeincare.com. But no response from them. Very very very poor in service. PL DONT GO FOR OKAYA BATTERIES.
Even one star is too good for Okaya batteries and Microtech inverters. Keep away from it!! I bought a 3KVA Microtech inverter with Okaya batteries and had problems with it from the begining. After one mother board zap, and one battery blow up and the other three batteries swollen up and totally un-usable, I sold the batteries for junk in 3 yrs! Did not get any help from either Microtech or Okaya. They kept pointing to each other only looking for a way to get out of helping me. Product - bad! Customer service - Worse!! Integrity- Non existant!!! Disgusting unscrupulous cheats!!!
I also found out (in hindsight) that the manager at Microtech Cochin was a crook. I had approached the company directly to buy the inverter and batteries. He charged me double the price of the batteries using another dealer as a front. They are just a bad lot and a shame to India!! unscrupulous cheats! and their "warranty" or "guarantee" is not worth the paper it is written on. I have been told that all these Delhi based battery/inverter companies are only interested in selling their products. Nothing else!!! Keep away from these two companies. DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BUY!!
Our battery needs a service immediately but while contacting you no reply is begin given ...
So please send a technical service man who could repair our battery
This is one of the best batteries in India, especially the HADI range. Everyone who complains uses junk Indian inverters that destroy the battery. Use an APC Smart-UPS instead. I've had a pair of Okaya batteries for 6 years now that still gives 30% of it's initial capacity.
The Warranty given is 18+18 months on 8 batteries I purchased. Model No. 36M*XL5000T.

Just before 2 Years started giving problems. When called Okaya Customer they after checking told that you have to purchase two new batteries as the Two out of 8 are not working. They donot want to honour this 18+18 months battery warranty then what is the use of making Fool of people and even how the Govt. approves such companies to write any thing on the Warranty Card if not honoured.

Sudhir Kr Gupta