[Resolved]  Optra Magnum Diesel — Diesel Pump Failure

I am Sivashankar from Tamilnadu. I Purchased My New Optra Magnum Diesel (LT Model) on October 2007. I have also given the 2 start(**) rating as JD Asia pacific Customer.

Now my car passed 35000kms till date(1/9/2008). On 27th August, 2008 I just parked my car in a place and went to a shop, came back in few min's and started my car. The car did not start. I tried three four time nothing happened.

Immediately I called the Coimbatore GM service center regarding this issue. They said the Diesel Pump failed to pump the fuel to the engine as it has become heat, you need to wait for 10/15 min the pump will cool down and then you can start. The same way it happened the car started. The GM service person assured they will replace the Fuel pump with a new one in warranty. Still the pump has not changed. They say the pump has to come, they don't have it in Stock.

Till 1/9/2008 morning i dint come across the same problem by 12.00pm when I was passing the city the same thing happened that to i was in driving. As the engine stopped i could not even stear the car to move to the corner of the road as the Hydraulic pump requires engine support to operate. I was very badly put in deep trouble in the public.

The American GM-General Motors getting Rs.1000000/- and making the Indian Customers to suffer to this extreme end is very bad to say. What GM is going to do for this. Even if they replace the faulty component now, what is the assurance that this will not happen again after 30000kms again.

Latter I came to know, this not only in my car, An Optra Magnum Diesel with a driving Kms of 17000kms also faced the same complaint.

Is it the "?" situation of the one who buy the GM Optar Magnum Diesel.

I am preparing list of in issue in the Optra Magnum which i will plant to submit it to the company and to the Public which holds some 60 pages.

Comments

Is it the "?" situation of the one who buy the GM Optar Magnum Diesel.

hydraulic pumps — automotive

WINDSOR EXPORTS : Leading Exporter of automotive hydraulic and pneumatic Spare Parts that includes of hydraulic pump, lubricating oil pump, hydraulic gear pump, piston pump, brake components, hydraulic hoses, brake master cylinder from india
am DHANRAJ from KARNATAKA. I Purchased My New Optra Magnum Diesel (LT Model) on DECEMBER 2008. I have also given the 2 start(**) rating as JD Asia pacific Customer.

Now my car passed 23000kms till date(15/7/2010). On 12 JULY, 2010 I just parked my car in a place and went to a shop, came back in few min's and started my car. The car did not start. I tried three four time nothing happened.

Immediately I called the HUBLI GM service center regarding this issue. They said the Diesel Pump failed to pump the fuel to the engine as it has become heat, you need to wait for 10/15 min the pump will cool down and then you can start. The same way it happened the car started. The GM service person assured they will replace the Fuel pump with a new one but not in warranty. Still the pump has not changed. They say the pump has to come, they don't have it in Stock.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other