[Resolved]  Oriental Motor Insurance — Cheating customers on Claim

Complaint dated: 19/01/2009

I have bought a TVS apache RTR bike on 06/09/2008 and the bike has been registered the on 10/09/2008. I was met with a mild accident on 14/09/2008. So i gave the bike to the service station on 15/09/2008. Then i gave the details to service station (GOOD WILL TVS AMBATTUR, CHENNAI-53). After a long wait i got my bike repaired and i got the bike on 07/10/2008. Nearly one month as if there is a rocket science involved. Then next two days being holidays I submitted the claim amount of Rs.2668.80 on 10/10/2008 in anna nagar DIVISIONAL OFFICE CHENNAI. In the mean time the assessor visited the service center and he got the reports from the service center. Since my submission they are cheating me each and every day.. when i ever i ask them there is no response or else their excuse will be one week. I waited all along and i got fed up.. My home is in ambattur chennai, distance between my home and the ORIENTAL INSURANCE DIVISIONAL OFFICE is around 12 - 14 KM. Each and every time I have waste my fuel to reach the ORIENTAL INSURANCE DIVISIONAL OFFICE CHENNAI and no body cares to pay attention obviously everybody knows the price of fuel. My total visit to ORIENTAL INSURANCE DIVISIONAL OFFICE CHENNAI is around 12 or 13 times but no progress yet. They simply say that the incident took place with 4 days of registration which is considered as CLOSED PROXIMITY CASE and they remind my case to R.O. Till date no response and i doubt they didn't even touch my case. Mr. HAMESH DIVISIONAL MANAGER of ORIENTAL INSURANCE DIVISIONAL OFFICE CHENNAI is not available in a single time in all my 12 - 13 visit. After a long time they told that they are going to send an accessor to check my residence and the accessor visited my residence on 10/12/2008 and he said the payment will be processed on 12/12/2008. But till date no improvement. Today (19/01/2009) when i called them to check the status, they again said its a CLOSED PROXIMITY CASE and they have to remind my case to R.O. I'm really sick on hearing this, it seems that i have to start from scratch again. I'm working in an MNC and many of my colleagues have decided to buy 2 wheelers and four wheelers. I may give my suggestions on the product but I WILL REALLY INSIST THEM NOT GET ORIENTAL INSURANCE MOTOR POLICY FOR THEIR VEHICLE. I REALLY REGRET ON GETTING THIS MOTOR POLICY. If you have any suggestions to get my money back please tell me or tell me the process to cancel my insurance cover with this company. I'm going to fire both ORIENTAL INSURANCE COMPANY and GOOD WILL TVS AMBATTUR, CHENNAI, because they are the one who gave my bike with insurance with this dishonest company..

policy no: 412200/31/2009/17777

issue office code: 412200

If you have any suggestion to get my money please tell me.. I have given my policy number and office code with the reference..

Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Dear friend,

do not get upset for this...
you have wasted a lto of time for this.
just try out the consumer forum.just file a case against them will all proper documentations.
then these company guys will see what worst they can face for their negligance.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other