[Resolved]  Passport Issuing Authority — Passport Application has been transferred to policy section

Name - Manwendra Kishore
DOB - 01/04/1985

I applied for Passport on 10/03/2008 from Kolkata while i was studying in Durgapur. I mentioned the Current address as My college address. My file Number was CAL-A[protected]. My police verification was complete on time. But for months my passport didn't arrived. I went to Kolkata Many a times but of no use.

After this i got job and moved to Lucknow in October 2008. I enquired about my Passport and the status was RETURNED UNDELIVERED but, on enquiry in college and the post office there at college no passport has ever arrived. As i didn't had the address proof of my college and was residing in Lucknow for more than 2 yrs.

I applied again on 17/05/2010 from Lucknow Office mentioning the old File Number and also mentioned that the Passport was never received. My File Number is LKO-A[protected]. My police verification was completed and the online status said
"Police Report is clear and Passport is expected to be despatched by[protected]. Subject to all documents being in order."
but on 18/08/2010 my status changed to
"Application has been transferred to policy section. Please meet PRO."
I am yet to meet the PRO. Kindly tell me what can be the problem and what should i do ??
I need the Passport urgently.

Why has my file been moved to policy even when i mentioned the old file number details?
Is there any mistake from my side ?

Please Help.