[Resolved]  Post office senior CITIzen deposit scheme — Non-payment of interest

I deposited Rs. nine lakhs under the senior citizen scheme in Karaikudi head Post Office, Karaikudi - 630001 (Sivagangai District, Tamil Nadu) and the deposit account No. is 048. I used to draw the quarterly interest at the end of each quarter. I withdrew the last installment of interest for the period from 01st July to 30th September in the first week of October, 2009. The deposit matured on[protected]. On that day I applied for refund of the deposit amount and interest due for the period from[protected] to[protected]. I was paid the deposit amount of Rs. nine lakhs but the post master in charge told me that there was no provision for payment of interest for the fractional period[protected] to[protected] and the interest could be paid only for the completed quarter. He said that there was no provision in the software installed in their computer to pay the interest for fractional period. By this stand of the post master I stand to lose over Rs. 14,000/-. Kindly do the needful so that I can get the interest for which I am legitimately eligible.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

I diposited Rs.405000/- under the SeniorCitizen scheme in subji mondi PostOffice Agra-7 U.P. on dated[protected].I got S B a/c no. [protected]&SCSS a/c no.[protected] on dated[protected]. When I go to p.o. for taken interest on dated 4rth april, he said p.o. is not working as D.O. after some time, I go to p.o. again he said your a/c has no balance in scss.Till now I have not got any intetest. Kindly do needful for pay the interest of SCSS.So I manage expenditure.My name-Shivaji Shankar Kulshrestha&Hemlata Kulshrestha.