[Resolved]  Prestolite make(TUDOR INDIA LTD) PM 16000, inverter battery, 12V 150 AH — replacement of battery

I have purchased prestolite make battery ( Sr.No : 3M7-1171 (PM-16000) on 30-01-08 from "Riddhi Siddhi Sales Corporation, Aurangabad -431005 widw bill no 0961 dated 30-01-08.
For last two months I am not getting back up from the battery . On 30-06-09 I contacted M/s "Riddhi Siddhi Sales Corporation " and also the main dealer M/S Laxmi Agencies, Opp SFS High School, Jalna Road, Aurangabad . But I did not get any respose from them. I am Abhay Patil and my mobile no is [protected].Since last two days I am trying to contact the customer care of the Company, I opened home page of the Company but the web site is not registering my complaint. Please help me in this problem
Your'S faithfully,
ABHAY PATIL

Comments

THE FOLLOWING LETTER SENT TO ALL THE POSSIBLE ADDRESS(1-4) UNFORTUNATELY NO RESPONSE..

KINDLY HELP
THE DEALER FROM WHERE WE PURCHASED BATTERIES/INVERTOR :
Blue Point Power Lines, 139 A / I, Bhavani Peth, opposite Bank Of India,
Behind Ramoshigate Police Chowky, PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA.
E Mail : [protected]@yahoo.com Phones : 020 – 2643 0016 / 2644 3215, 094 220 – 25 768, 098 903 – 84 767

Reference No. 2009 / 02 ( Inverter Disaster ) COPIES to TUDOR INDIA LTD : sent to the following addresses:.

West zone : 1. Mumbai office : Mr. S.C.Paradkar

4. Factory: 10-1, Kamalpur, Tal. Prantij,
Dist. Sabarkantha, Gujarat. Phone[protected]/64/65

SUB : A REQUEST TO HELP US FOR GETTING OUR INVERTER / BATTERIES STARTED

Dear Mr. Prabhat Nibjiya,

Since we have not received any response from you to our emails sent on 6th Jul, 2009, we sent it thru’ Ordinary Post dated 16th July, 2009.
Still no response. Today, Monday, 3rd Aug, 2009, I am sending this mail thru’ Registered Post.
I will wait for 15 days and if I do not get any help/response I will go to consumer rederessal .
This is just for your information.

1. This is the FIRST letter we are writing to you as no one from your organization is helping us in-spite of hundreds of our phone calls to you & your staff.
2. We purchased few Inverters & Batteries for a company, where I was working as the General Manager in Pune in 2005.
3. You assured us of good services & hence I was lured to buy one inverter & a set of batteries for my home also.
4. I purchased one 1400 VA MICROTEK Inverter & 2 Prestolite 24 V, PM 16000 / 100 AH batteries from you on 21.02.2005 vide our cheque No. 925140 ( GM ) for Rs. 22, 200/=.
5. You agreed to provide excellent services to us.
6. UNFORTUNATELY YOUR SERVICES WERE LACKING A LOT>
7. YOU NEVER helped us with all the problems, we faced.
8. But we were stuck up as we had already paid the entire money.
9. It was under annual maintenance contract, but your people were not coming regularly. We had to make several telephone calls to your office and speak to Ms. Rupali. Sometimes 4 months sometimes 5 months without prior appointment, somebody used to visit us, Without even telling us that they will come for water checking etc. They told that there is no problem, even if its checked once in six months. We believed your people as we had no other option.
10. We made frantic calls to all of them & to your office and finally on Sat. 23rd June 2007 their person named Anand came and poured 15L water. He took our Battery Testing Report saying that he will need it for their records.
11. One of the battery blasted on Fri, 20th Jul, 2007 ( after 2yrs and 5months) in-spite of regular service contract with you. The blast was so severe that various parts of the battery flown of in entire house. Our all walls were spoiled. There were lot of damages to so many things lying near by. WE WERE REALLY SCARED.
12. Fortunately no one was around and did not get hurt. We called your service engineer Mr. Chandrashekar. When he came, we asked him why it happened, in-spite of a service contract ; he did not have any answer.
13. We contacted your office on phone with not much help.
14. We did not complain to your company in writing, nor to Police or Consumer Cell in Pune though it was a major blast, we took your words for guaranteed as you assured us that sometime it happens & you & your people will take lot of care in future..
15. In good faith that it will not happen again, we requested you to supply new set of batteries in replacement free of cost. But you never agreed to send 2 batteries unless we made payment.
16. We as GOOD customers agreed to you for making payments.
17. we were forced to purchase two new batteries from you. We insisted you not to send Prestolite batteries but you told us & assured us that, now such thing will never happen in future. We again had no choice & we were forced to accept the same company batteries from you on additional assurance from your service staff that nothing will happen again like this, by chque no. 269459 dated 21st July, 2007 for Rs. 16, 200 o[censored]TI Bank, Wanwadi, Pune.
18. Battery details : PM 16000 Serial nos. 5E 7 5965 & 1F 7 1681( Xerox copies can be sent if requested).
19. We were facing problems of 2nd set of batteries and invertor getting over-heated up from the beginning itself.
20. After our repeated phone calls your service engineer Mr. Chandrashekar came and took our invertor & both batteries for checking. He told us batteries are ok but invertor is having problem.
21. You even charged us for repairing of the Inverter & We were forced to pay Rs. 850/= and got it back on 17/10/2008. You never did any thing for batteries which were bulging out & instead assured us nothing will happen & these things will work perfectly fine. WE HAD NO OPTION BUT TO BELIEVE YOU.
22. Even after this batteries as well as inverter were continuously being heated up and one battery developed huge bulge. WE were really scared & it reminded us of old episode of battery explosion.
23. We made nearly one call per day since then to Mr. Sanjay Parmar, their marketing person but he always told I will go and discuss with Chandrashekar and let us know & will also inform to you, the owner of the company. But not even once we had received a call from him even when we told him so many times, we are scared that batteries & inverter both are getting too much heated up.
24. He again would end the call by saying I will ask Chandershekar to talk to you. But no one ever called us. Then he suggested we should talk to Mr. Kulkarni who works for this battery company.
25. We called him 3-4 times and he said I do not know about this problem, You talk to Sanjay Parmar.
26. They harassed us so much that we made at least 100 calls to chandrashekhar, sanjay parmar, kulkarni, & to you in your & their office to put up complaint for service. But there used to be no response. Chandrashekhar was the only person who would talk and say, you should not worry even if batteries get heated up. Nothing will happen.
27. Now after we spent money batteries did not run for more than few months & infact these things troubled us from the beginning it self.
28. And this process continued, You & they kept on giving us assurance that we should not worry even if the batteries are heated up. We told them to replace the batteries since it was within the warranty limit which according to them is one year / 1 year and 6 months. But they prolonged the entire issue.
29. Now they tell us the warranty period got over according to them and they were not willing to replace the batteries. They said batteries are perfectly ok. Even though Chandershekar told us that he will try and get them replaced when we showed him the bulge on the battery. He also brought one person from the Prestolite but no one helped us.
30. Now slowly, slowly when the load shedding occurred, we started getting low battery sign even after few minutes with even one tube light. We kept on complaining about that, but still Sanjay Parmar, of Blue point power Lines & Mr Kulkarni from the Prestolite battery refused to help us. Days & Months went by like this complaining to them and no help from them ever came to us.
31. Mr. Chandrashekar will always say every thing is ok don’t worry. But there was no help in battery replacement. Rather both Mr. Sanjay Parmar and Mr. Kulkarni used to talk to us so rudely that do whatever you like we will not replace the batteries since warranty period has expired. And they harassed us so much in this regard that we are forced to write to you to get final justice from you.
32. Mr. Chandrashekar brought the engineer Mr. Suresh from Prestolite to show him the batteries, he took away our both warranty cards and did not return the same for three months.
33. Mr. Chandrashekhar suggested we should get annual maintenance contract renewed & as per his advise we got it done once again on 5th march, 2009. We complained to them that now not even one tube light is giving us service and batteries are not getting charged or not working at all. We remaind without electricity during loadshedding. No one came to give us service even under this annual maintenance contract.
34. Even under that contract the first visit was done after 3 and half months and that too after 15 phone calls. And now they stopped talking to us or they all talk to us very rudely.
35. I travel a lot and my wife and my daughter were all so much worried if something again happens like this what will happen. We do not have the count how many times my wife made calls to each one of them and they spoke very rudely to her.
36. They were leaving all the entire case to the service engineer chandrashekhar who had gone on long holiday. And when my wife called the office and spoke to Rupali and Sanjay Parmar they told that when he comes back he will attend. When my wife asked them what if some emergency is there to your customer and if one engineer is on leave why don’t you send another one for help but no help came.
37. On 3rd July 2009 after our requests, to return our warranty cards Mr. Chandrashekar came to return these. We still have annual maintenance contract with Blue point company, no one is helping us . Our system is lying like this. Batteries are not working but they are not ready to listen to us.
38. FINALLY THEY HAVE DISCONNECTED OUR Inverter & we are without power in-spite of such huge payments to you, totaling to Rs. 39, 250/= in 4 years in addition to AMC charges & we have hardly used the inverter for 2 years.
39. We, now request you as the owner of your company to study this case & do justice to us & provide 2 new batteries & ensure every thing works at the earliest.
40. We have full confidence that you will help us in co-ordination with Microtek & prestolite company.

Thanking you!

Sincerely yours,

V.P.Saxena
C.C. Customer Care of Prestolite Company
c.c. Customer care of Microtek company

I read somewhere that Prestolite Battery division was sold to Exide and some of the complaints were supposed to be handled by Exide Customer care. I don't have further details though.
I am also trying to contact Prestolite dealer for my Prestolite PM16000 series 12V-150Ah battery maint; but not getting the line for the dealer (JN Pwer Systems, Sadashivpet, Pune).

Hope this helps.