[Resolved] Pune Municipal Corporation — Excess property tax

Pune, Pune District, Maharashtra, India
 mshand
My stay in Pashan area of Pune. Few months back, I received the bill for the property tax. It was surprising to see that only I have been charged excessive tax as compared to all the other residents in my building. Note that all the apartments in my building have exactly the same built-up area as my apartment.

After having written to the Pune Municipal Corporation, they say that the amount is correct as per the Annual Retable Value (ARV).

I questioned them that why is the ARV of my apartment so high (Rs. 18450/-) as compared to the ARV of all other apartments (Rs. 11200/-). So far I have not heard from them back. The property ID for my apartment is O/4/11/03197271.

I have filed both complaints through both medium - paper based and on their website, but the problem still haven't been resolved.

Please help.

Someshwarwadi, Pashan,
Pune - 411008
Mobile: +[protected].
Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 21, 2016

Comments

Hi Mukesh,
have you fiven your property on rent or was it not aoccupied when PMC officers came for inspection? Actually, you have been charged with full porperty tax for may be any of the above said reason. PMC gives 40% discount in the tax if the property is self occupied. Even i have been through this and I have given a legal application to PMC, Shivaji Nagar office. they have accepted my aapplication and now I am following up with them. The duration of application for this was from 20th Dec to 15th Jan. You have missed the deadline but you can still visit the office and try your luck.
I have given the application to provide 40% concession since it's self occupied. Even though I was told that the taxes would be adjusted in the next FY when I gave the application on Sep 21st 2013. But I am surprised to see the new tax which has come in April has got the same value. It's one of the worst department I have ever seen.
Can you please guide me on how to avail the 40% concession on self-occupied property? I could not find the steps fro same on property tax pune website
I have given application for 40% discount last year in the month of April 2017. Again in this year I have received double tax for 1 BHK self occupied property (Rs. 14000). Last year also I had paid double tax. The department said that correction will be done in the upcoming year so I have to pay full tax in 2017. But again I have got flu tax. Really a worst municipal department. The people working in the office is really not helpful at all and don't even talk properly with us. Every time I have visited the office the concern person from the dept. is on 'Field'. That's the answer I have got from them every time. Worst experience so far.

+91 20 25501000