Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Reliance Mobile USB modem : Latur — Worst ever service and customer support

I had been using the Reliance netconnect plan for years and use to pay some Rs.750 every month even though I rarely used the net. I actually didn’t get the time to change the plan to Rs.149. However, on 8th Nov, 2009 my reliance datacard was damaged and I thought to get a new USB modem instead of the datacard as that will help me use it on the PC too even though I have a 8Mbps broadband line from BSNL which works great for my PC.

So on 9th nov, 2009 I visited the reliance office at Shivaji Chowk. I went there with all the documents as I thought if the need arises, I would just cancel the old number and get a new USB modem with the Rs.149 a month plan. I went there in the morning around 10 A.M. I had to wait for one and half hours before I finally managed to get some time to listen from a person there. I also approached the manager or whosoever who looks after the office and informed him that I need to change from a datacard to USB modem and also change my plan.

Mr. Shaukat Syed infomed me that its better to get a new USB modem and cancel the old number. I said ‘no problem’. I filled up a new form for a new connection and submitted all the documents. I also bought a new USB modem and paid the cost of the modem in full + the activation charges for the new line. I also paid all the pending bills on that date to square off my old connection.

Same day a person from reliance came at my home to verify the address ( I have been a reliance customer for three years, lol) . Ok i don’t mind that rules should be rules. The person told me that the new card will be activated the next day and the old card will be deactivated on the same day i.e. 9th nov 2009.

I waited for the new card to activate.. I waited for 3 days…No response…I waited for 7 days..nothing happened again…I called them I guess after 9 days and they told me I have again one bill generated on 11th Nov, 2009 which I need to pay. I refused to pay as I had told them on 9Th nov itself that I want the connection to be deactivated from that day itself and Reliance office at latur had agreed to this..

Later, as my new card was not activated and the old one was deactivated. So I was left now with no net connection after paying Rs.2550 for new USB + activation charges. So I mailed reliance service assurance cell at [protected]@relianceada.com

And they replied that somebody will take care of the matter. I received a call from Pune reliance asking me details about the issue. I guess it was datacard department Reliance. They expressed surprised saying I need not change the card (number) , I could have just converted the same number to a USB modem number. Then I recieved a call from Reliance , Solapur after a few days.. They told me everything would be taken care off and they will just cancel the billed invoice if I agree to convert the same number to USB modem. I said “no problem” even though I knew I had paid activation charges for the new number. I also mentioned that I need the billing to start from the date the card would be activated and they agreed to this.

One week again passed by, and finally I got the net activated on the USB modem ( Old number was converted to new). The new USB modem worked for only 4 days and later that I got a call from Reliance billing mumbai saying I have pending bills in my account. The same bill which was promised to be cancelled was not cancelled at all. After a day my USB modem card was deactivated again. And then after 10 days now, it is deactivated .

Yesterday I recd a bill of Rs.1500 + i.e. bills for two months with the old plan, old number. Lol. I have never seen such worst service, customer care from any company in India. Its really easy to guess the future of Reliance at Latur. I don’t know about Reliance elsewhere. The solapur person was kind enough to talk and promise but that promise was never kept. Now I don’t have a person to listen too?

When I dial 303333 Reliance customer care, the phone is put on hold and it keeps on saying ” our team is busy answering calls , stay on line” and nobody comes on line..

I am blogging this hoping thing will improve after it is brought to the notice of the concerned in Reliance.

I have also wrote to : datacard.[protected]@relianceada.com and will take the issue up the complaints cell of the TRAI and also the Ministry of communications.

I still need a wireless connection. I need some feedbacks from readers as to which would be the best alternative to Reliance wireless. I have lost all hopes in Relaince, I guess I will have to explore the Tata or BSNL EVDO options.

If anybody else had a bad experience with Reliance, do post it here in comments as I feel it should always be a customers market. One who doesn’t appreciate or care for customer business will disapear in long run.

If anybody from Reliance need more information they can contact me at [protected]@gmail.com

Comments

broadband+ usb modem — worst response & worst service

Dear,

I took Reliance Broadband+ on 13th of Dec'09. Surprisingly connection got disconnected on 31st Dec'09. I have visited Reliance Communications, KK.Towers, Vijayawada.520010 on 31st Dec'09. Sales department ( from whom i have paid the amount & collected the instrument ), Technical Dept. , they said "its hardware problem not with connection proble". They sent me to the service centre of Huawei. They took entair day & said there is no problem with hardware, please contact Reliance Communication. I have gone again to RC, problem was passed to CRM Dept. CRM person made a complaint & sent it to the concern Dept. Crm person said that connection will be activated with in 24hrs. But till now connectin has not activated. when i rang to the Concern person he is not lifting the phone.Even Cust.Ex. is also not giving proper communication. this is my experianced with RC people.
I am sure i will not suggest Reliance, somebady asks me reg Reliance.
i am Reliance USB modem user i not satiesfied during use USB modem becous usb modem speed 2mb resived in pc

USB Modem Stick — Activation

I bought USB Modem Stick last month 4th June 2011 under prepaid plan and I was put 599 for unlimited per month. Next month I recharged for 98 plan. But not it was not working - asking activation. What can I do. Please Guide me and clear my problem.

Reliance Mobile — not issued modem and telephone

i m purchase new connection of reliance wired broadnabd internet before one week but still i am not get connection after paying money at reliance web store
Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please share your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Cheers,