[Resolved]  Retd. DGP — Two wheelers riding on footpaths

Attn. Mr. Praveen Sood, Addl. Commr. of Police, Traffic, Bangalore
Dear Praveen,
Mr. Ranjan Kamath had recently written to the DCP, Traffic, East complaining about two wheeler riders going on the footpath on Museum Road endangering pedestrians including children coming out from school. Even he himself was the victim of one of these motorcyclists who even went over his foot on the footpath and when he pulled him up for this was abused by the motor cyclist in foul language. I myself have been observing increasing violations by two wheeler riders going on the footpaths when there is traffic congestion and there does not appear to be any action being taken against such violations by the traffic police with the result that they are increasing say by day due to slack enforcement. Mr. Kamath seems to have complained about this incident which I have referred to to the DCP, Traffic East who has not responded to the complaint and he has now sent a strong message to him expressing his annoyance and even anger at this.
Can you please look into this and ensure that at least a reply is sent to Mr. Kamath and his complaint looked into and action taken? I would be grateful for a reply in the matter. If you have a separate email address I request you to please send it to me as I had requested you recently.
F.T.R. Colaso