[Resolved]  Sapphire HD 4850 — Goods stolen from registered parcel

I received a parcel wide docket # CP[protected]U S, it was bought online on an eBay auction for US$91, the item was a Sapphire Radeon HD4850 graphics card, a used one, on which import duty was levied (Rs.870/-), which is absolutely unfair, I received the item, paid the duty and opened to find there is no card inside the box, there were only bubble wraps and nothing else. I'm absolutely stunned by this act of customs/ foreign post office of New Delhi. I bought card with hard earned money and thieves of customs or post office stole it. What do I do, I'm absolutely clueless about what to do. They will ask many weird questions like why did I accept the empty parcel? answer is it can only be ascertained after receiving & opening it, I would like to ask them one question that if they had levied the duty, then there must be something in the box. I believe the culprits are the ones who got it sealed it again, it may be the customs officials or post office staff. The condition of the box clearly indicates its been stolen right before packing & sealing.

Goods stolen from registered parcel