[Resolved]  Sbi Card - Privilege Circle Program — Withdrawal of Deceptive Scheme

Dear Sir/ Madam,

As there was no response to my E-Mail dated 04.01.2010 and FAX Dated 05.01.2010, Today(08.01.2010) I could manage to speak with the executive (Ms.Meenakshi) Call Center (Ph.No.[protected]/55) to enquire the status of my cancellation claim. I’ve been informed that my request for cancellation is turned down during my discussion over phone call on 30/12/2009 with (Ms.Renu).

Until this time executives were fooling that every conversation is being recorded and conveniently modifying their speech to sell their product. So called recorded conversation which is only accessible to SBI-Cards is not justified.Corroborating this statement with my written complaint (Giving details of my request, queries and the responses) malicious intentions of SBI-Cards are amply evident. Obliviously this could be substantiated only when there is any system existing.

In despair and considering my valuable time to run behide you, I am remitting the due amount Rs.6014.35 in apprehension that you will charges late payment and unrelated expenses, which would mean another issue for me and business (to kill my/others time) to you.

With this message I would like to assure you that I will not be able to utilize your so called offer in the name of Privilege Circle Program which is only convenient to SBI-Cards Business. But by all means would like to know ‘IN WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES CLAIMS FOR CANCELLATION/ WITHDRAWAL OF ANY SCHEME BE DECLINED WHEN THE CLAIMS IS WITH IN THE STIPULATED PERIOD”.

This will be appelled in an appropriate form to educate the people and also contain the crooked activities followed under the shadow of Govt.Agencies.

TS Kiran

[protected][protected][protected][protected]
From: [protected]@hotmail.com
To: feedback.[protected]@ge.com
Subject: FW: SBI Card Privilege Circle Program-Complaint
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 03:33:33 +0000

Reminder. Kindly acknowledge the receipt.

[protected][protected][protected][protected]
From: [protected]@hotmail.com
To: feedback.[protected]@ge.com
Subject: SBI Card Privilege Circle Program-Complaint
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:52:34 +0000

I am TS Kiran SBI credit Card holder. My phone no's will probably help you to trace my profile ie (M) [protected] (o[protected].

I've been offered with the subject program over phone and sought confirmation by your good office.

During the cource of discussions at various levels i have maintained that my confirmation is subject to my review of the received offer documents.

I have received the said offer document along with watch on 29th Dec 2009. I have contacted you office for declining the offer. The call receiver has informed me that the offer can only be declined if the information provided over phone proved to be false and asserted that i have confirmed by saying YES and by pressing '1' phone button. Subsequently assured to respond back within 24 hours after discussion with office. Having not received any further communication resorted to writing mode.

Now, with this feedback and changed response/attitute towards your client [me] i wish to place the following points for your perusal as you have put the burden of poof on me.

The following points were also have transpired during preliminary [3] discussions:
1. Opt out of the programme if not satisfied; with in one month.
(i) It was promised that i'll be receiving the offer (Gift & Vouchers) with in 15 days of debiting the amount in my card.

Date of Debit 01/12/2009 Rs.6,067.00

Date of Receipt 29/12/2009

2. Free Flight Ticket: (i) Only during 2nd discussion made known that only basic fare is free. (ii)Flight Sectors not spelt out, instead said number sectors all over india and abroad which is deceitful.

3. Previlage Holidays:Never have been transpired that there are 'Exclusion days' in the limited destination points.

4. Free joining gift: A GRANT POLO WATCH worth Rs.4,500/- which was promised, but it took no time to realise that Credit Card Company with the Brand of "SBI' would also tease people like this.

Immediately stepping into intorogatory mode by the councellor upon my request for withdrawal from the scheme is astounding. I have enquired that if there is any complaint no system to register my request she elegantly replied." DON'T WORRY SIR, WE'LL BE BACK IN 24 HRS." and i am still awaiting for those hours.

With the above submission, I request you to consider my withdrawal from the scheme and advice me the mode to surrender your gift and vouchers with any hassles.

Thanking you,

Very truly yours,

TS Kiran

Comments

The same incidence happened with me.I accepted the offer but didnt received any Kit, so i call the customer care on Aug 16 after 1.5 mnths and said that i want to cancel the request.Executive said that we have forwarded ur request and the amount will be credited in ur account.there after i use to call every week to the customer stating that i have not received the amount n this ppl said tht it will creadited in the next billing cycle. Again when the credit card bill came there was nothg abt the refund amount.icalled customer care again..thy said that we have forwared the request and u can contact on[protected] for more detail.when i made a call on this no...i came to know that my request has not been raised yet and thn she said now we have accepted ur request and our customer care executivve will call u for this.This morning some one from SBI Privilage called me and said that we cannot accept ur request as its 2 mnths over now.i said i have not recieved the KIT nor my money has been refunded.i called SBI credit card customer care n said that i wont be paying the bill until n unless my money is been refunded.
Folks please advice what can i do now????
Hi, this is Girish Parwani, really thanks for making comments on this page. I also received call from SBI CARD(?) I refused for any Gift as they did not gave me a chance to think and refused to give any contact number or website.

To my surprise, looking to these posts by poor public, it means no action yet been taken against "SBI privilege circle program "
Why hon'ble consumer court not taking a suitable action before making victim to more people?
No agency is there to penalize them for this cheating.
I agree with mr. narendra that this issue should be taken on news paper/media so that other will not be fooled.
am posting this solely for the purpose of providing warning to all SBI credit card holders in INDIA.
Guys, please do not fall into the trap of SBI credit card privileged group offer.

A month back, SBI credit card team has called me and offered me "privileged circle group" under which I can get the following:
1) 3 days and 2 nights holiday plan anywhere in INDIA (includes accommodation in 4 star or 5 start hotels)
2) One way Flight charges are free
3) An american brand watch
Usually whenever I get any call from anyone regarding the offers, I never responded with interest as I always believe that they can be fake and contain hidden charges etc...

But when I got this call from SBI, being a reputed organization in INDIA, I did not have a second thought and accepted to their offer.
Immediately they have debited 6067 rupees from my credit card.
So far everything is fine.

After 25 days, I have received the offer slips through courier.
When I opened that box, I was literally shocked to see the vouchers and watch.

1) The watch can cost around 300 rupees. It looks below average.
2) Flight charges: Free for only one person and that too we need to choose one among 5 cities ( This is not at all relevant to what they have said earlier, initially they have told me that one way flight charges are free to any destination we chose to stay in our holiday period.

And, we need to give 3 different dates to them for to book the flight ticket. Only base price is free and we need to pay the taxes... how well SBI is making fools of their own customers...We all know that some times base price of flight charges can be one rupee to 10 rupees.. Its taxes which costs more and that we need to pay.

When I asked them that, i am told one way flight charges free for me and my wife.. how can I go by flight and my wife by train or bus... this is the most ridiculous offer I have ever heard in my life.

3) Accommodation in star hotels:
I again need to provide 3 different dates in the next 6 months (excluding some months within that)
And again I need to pay the hotel taxes.

See how this SBI cheats US
This scheme - SBI Cards privilege circle programme - is a fraud done by SBI on its customers, i.e. SBI credit card holders. It is almost a day light robbery. Don't fall prey to the temptations made by the staff of Privilege circle group on behalf of the SBI. The plea put forth by the SBI to absolve itself from the of fence is that, " the programme is run by one private firm called plat 5 consultancy Pvt. Ltd., and we are not responsible". This is rubbish. SBI logo is used. congratulatory message/intimation was issued in the name of Manish Jain, Chief marketing Officer, SBI Card. So how they can claim they have no responsibility.Plat 5 consultancy Pvt.Ltd is looting money from the customers having SBI as the veil. It is an open appeal 'is there anybody to save the SBI customers from this menace?' Sivaji, Hyderabad.

State Bank of India [SBI]