[Resolved]  SBI TARAPUR (BOISAR) — Debited 20,000 from my SBI Account

On 01 JULY 2009, I used my SBI ATM cum Debit card at Chintamani shop Thane for the bill of Rs 20, 000 .. After swiping the card in the card machine and entering my PIN number nothing happened and I had to pay cash of Rs 20, 000/.to the shop.
On 01 July 2009 on checking account statement I found Rs 20, 000/. debited from my saving account. I contacted the shop, but as per them they have not received the amount. When I contacted my SBI Tarapur (Boisar) branch, they asked me to check with Chintamani shop accounts and also asked me to file the complaint submitting my original purchase Recepit . I dont understand why the amount is been debited from my account and regarding the amount neither its been credited to shopkeeper nor its in my account, then where is the amount and who is responsible for this? Now my branch manager is telling me it will take one month to get the amount back . Is it my fault?.
Its very safe to use ICICI Debit card and its been very clear also.
But till date there is no answer. As the money transfer was electronic, SBI should provide the trace the transaction and credit my account .

Complaint categoryCategory: Other