[Resolved] scorpio mhawk — manufacturing defects
In my two year long struggle with owning a Scorpio mHawk and driving it for about 25000 km on city roads, the vehicles has had following faults:
1. The ABS module was faulty. The vehicle, within a short time of arrival showed the warning light and after a long fight with the service manager, ultimately the module was changed.
2. The sound-system was faulty and was not playing CD/USB Drive or any card. This, too was repaired after a number of visits to the audio-parts supplier. The front panel is still loose after getting it repaired a number of time. Even after paid replacement of the small plastic nob, it still is just as bad.
3. The engine warning lights kept coming and going, with no one having any clue about the problem. Some repairs are done. But in most cases, the service staff says that it is just a nuisance that vehivle owner must live with.
4. the cruise control was not working on first test and was repaired. after that it has worked intermittently and the switch is replaced twice. But one can not be sure if it will work the next time.
5. The breaks are not working properly now. The vehicle is taken in for repair for a number of time and is returned "repaired" only to be found just as it was. The breaks sink-in, like in those old two-pedal breaks of ambassadors. Now, the entire set is expected to be replaced.
With comprehensive guarantee, I do get it repaired as far as possible but mostly it is just a struggle with the Service people. It is a great pain to keep sending the vehicle for repairs instead of driving it. I strongly feel that the piece is defective as I have driven Scorpios since a long time and love the brand, the look and the engine. We have, in our company purchased four Scorpios till date, including a brand new mHawk with improved technology that is launched recently.
I wish company finds a way to have a good look at the issues and give me a permanent solution as right now the vehicle seems like a sad duplicate of the beautiful and trusty Scorpio that we all know.
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020