[Resolved]  Shakthi Tours & Travels, Chennai — Poor service & irresponsible response for complaints

This complaint is on Shakthi Tours & Travels (Referred to as "Shakthi" hereafter) for their poor service & irresponsible response for our queries.

We had a tour package arranged by Shakthi to Pattaya, Bangkok, and Kualalumpur. The tour itinerary was good and was followed by them in Pattaya, and Bangkok. But their local person who was supposed to receive us in Kualalumpur Airport, put us in the allocated hotel and take care of our tour program for the next 2 days did not turn up at all. Imagine the state of mind one would have been in an alien country with nowhere to go.

We tried to contact the India office and the agent who had been coordinating the itinerary (Sasikumar) on the 2 cell phone numbers provided to us, but with no avail. There was no response on the company's landline as well. They really did not bother if their tour plan was being executed, are their customer being taken care of. Luckily there were no ladies in the group, and we somehow managed to accommodate ourselves in a hotel. As a decent tour operator with business ethics, and with all the mistake on their side, Shakthi should have compensated us the trip cost and also taken care of all the expenses that we had to incur for our accommodation in Kualalumpur. Instead, they really did not want to take the responsibility for their mistakes and they were trying to overlook it.

After our retunr to India, I had sent the following email for a refund for this itinerary and compensation for the hassles we were made to undergo in Kualalumpur, but there was no response from Shakthi's end.

"Hi Sasi:

Your Malaysia itinerary provided to us did not happen as planned, because your local tour operator did not meet and receive us at the KL airport. I am not sure where the confusion is, but the sole responsibility lies with Shakthi tours and travels as you are our single point of contact. I would like to have the following items compensated to us from your side (per person):
- KL, Genting, and Purtajaya tour cost included in your package (of Rs. 17,000 per person)
- Our accommodation, food expenses (breakfast) & travel cost (airport to city & back to airport) in KL
- Flight ticket charges from Bangkok to KL (our KL trip was completely lost because of the lack of communication and commitment from Shakthi travels, and our flight tickets were a mere waste)
- Compensation for mental agony due to the irresponsibility from Shakthi travels

Let me know when we would be receiving the compensation."

I contacted the travel operator (Sasikumar) who had coordinated with us in planning this itinerary and connected with Ramesh (a senior person in Shakthi, his cell phone number is[protected], I was given rude replies on phone and with an abrupt end to the call. This was the worst ever nightmare that I had faced in the service industry.

At the end of a week long battle with these guys we were provided with a 4,900 per head compensation of the 17,000 that we paid (which is not proportionate).

I would appreciate if this forum helps in escalating this issue to the relevant authorities and suitable action/punishment is meted out to the erring side (in this case Shakthi Tours & Travels).

I have the email communication from Shakthi confirming our tour itinerary for proof.

Sabhari Nath
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Was actually surprised to read the reviews for Mr Sasikumar (not in favour of him ) since he has been our tour planner for our last 3 - 4 trips and each destination was covered wonderfully and with exceptional services

would definitely recommend Shakthi tours and travels for planning further hazzle free trips