[Resolved]  Shekhar Eye Research Center — Tried to sold duplicate Scleral Contact Lens and not refunding the advance of Rs 50,000

Hi ,

I am a Keratoconus patient. It is eye disease where it is difficult to have a proper vision with the help of spectacles or soft contact lens. Therefore i was advised to go for Scleral lens. They are originally (and patented) from Boston Eye Foundation in Boston.
We were refered to Dr Chandrashekhar Chawan who was the distributor of scleral lens from Boston Eye Foundation from October 2004 to July 2009 which the Foundation revoked for unknown reason.

At the time of appointment they hided the above fact and promised us to give the original pair of lens for Rs 1,80,000 and we paid the advance of Rs 50,000.
The very next day while browsing their web site http://www.shekhareye.com/ we noticed that they are not the legitimate distributor of the lens.
He is now refusing to refund our advance ammount. And now says that the cost of lens is Rs 70,000 and they ready to bear half the cost i.e they are ready to refund only Rs 15,000.
Please help us!!

Shishir s/o Lala Ram ([protected])

Comments

Shekhar Eye Research Center distributes most advance scleral lens. The research technology is very superior as compared to Boston Eye Foundation in Boston. The above i.e. Shishir s/o Lala Ram ([protected]) are totally fake and when I called on phone, they even given bad response. Shekhar Eye website has itself mentioned that they have discontinued on their main website " http://www.shekhareye.com/chandra-boston-scleral-prosthesis.html ". The complaint is totally fake.
This is all bakwas. Shekhar Eye Research helping all suffering persons and their lens are of modern scleral lens and they are superior to BFS.
Shekhar Eye Research is a fake eye center with fake doctors. He has been thrown out of the eye association of Mumbai for his malpractices. Because of Shekhar eye clinic Boston Eye foundation in Boston has stopped giving discount to Indians as Boston Eye foundation thinks all Indians are fraud. Everyone is requested to consult big hospitals in Mumbai like Hinduja and Joslok before going to Shekhar Eye Research.
I had the worst experience with Shekhar eye center. My baby was suffereing from microtahlmia and i went to the center for treatment of the same. Dr. Shekhar took Rs. 40000 in advance for complete treatment and told he has enough experience of treatment of such cases. After few days of treatment we found a sudden change in his behaviour and started behaving very rudely and later on asking more money for the treatment even though we paid full treatment cost in advance. He was also big lier and never shared any reference of treatment of such cases.After that we consulted few other doctors and found that the treatment was not proper as it was expected. So he cheated in terms of money as well as in terms on treatment also. i never met any such doctor in whole life who only thinks of making money and big lier to cheat us. Hi is big balck spot in medical field. I will not leave any option to share my experiences to whole world until and unless he refund my money and apologize for his mistake.

Manoj-[protected]