[Resolved]  Shop Name Prerna Enterprises Dr. D N Road Mumbai Company Nikon — camera repair

dear sir,
last year we bought a nikon digital camera from mumbai.
one day we were clicking the photo suddenly the camera stoped working. camera was in warrenty period so we spoke to that person .he told us to send the camera to his shop.After a week he said there is a problem with the lens and we have to pay 4500 rs for that . we agreed. the after 15 days when we asked about the camera then he said camera is not repairable. we spoke to nikon india and came to know that he is not an authorized dealer of nikon idigital camera and he cheated us. they told us to take the camera from there and give it to nikon india. then again we tried to speak to the shop keeper but he was not coming over the phone. i wrote a mail that we are going to write a complain against him .then again he gave us a option in which we have to pay 6000 rs and he will give us a new camera.we refused. we ask him to return the camera but he is not returning the camera. again saying that he is trying for the part .we gave the camera on 9 th of april(three months back).now please suggest what to do. we r in vizag now.

Comments

Dear Sir
I am a professional working in the General Insurance Industry doing loss assessments jobs. As part of the speeding up process in the claim procedures, I am forced to buy a digital camera and thus I have purchased Nikon Coolpix L 10 bearing serial No. 72092949 from M/s Tradelinks, MG Road, Ernakulam, Kerala, South India on[protected].
Immediately after one month's usage the camera flash gone off and from there on my agony started. The same camera got defective subsequently three times(the camera all of a sudden stops while taking photographs) and thus within an year the fourth time my camera got defective the last one being on 9-1-09 just prior to the expiry of the guarantee period. Surprisingly, except for the first defect, the other three defects were one and same. Each time it takes at least two weeks to get back the camera repaired since the same is reportedly being sent to your service center in Bangalore. Each time I have to carry out my jobs at the mercy of my colleagues. On observing my misery, I got standby camera from M/s Pixetra, Ernakulam (Your collection center) including during my last complaint.
I strongly believe, your service personnel have take the complaint so lightly or are incompetent in carrying out the repairs and hence the recurrence of the same complaint thrice in a year. I am fortunate at least all defects were noticed within the guarantee period itself.
now I strongly feel that I am eligible to get the replacement for this camera rather than accepting such a camera which already has been tampered with the incompetent repair of your service persons. Presently I am carrying out my jobs with the standby camera given by M/s Pixetra.
Your are therefore hereby requested to save me from this embarrassing situation by interfering seriously in to this matter and do the needful at the earliest for getting me a replacement camera to end the mental agony and hardships which I have come across for an year.
dear sir, i had a nikon coolpix 5400 some 3 years old, one day suddenly it stopped working from then on it started n stopped time to time, recently i sent the camera for repair to the auth. service center at gurgaon. the service order no. is 0900254 dated 17-1-09, after 12 days that is on 29-1-09, when contacted they said that they have not able to repair it, when i pointed that 12 days have passed they said they will reply in the evening, their reply came in afternoon that water has gone inside the camera and some circuit board is to be changed which will cost 12000/-, when i refused to pay that amount they again rang me up after some time and said that it will cost now 6300/-to get it repaired. Now firstly i am 100% sure it did not get wet, the service center is acting in a very weird way when i refuse to pay 12000/- they cut down the cost to half, this is absurd either they dont know how to repair or they are just there to loot, can anybody help will nikon look into the matter .
Dear Sir..I had purcahse camera From PRENA ENTERPRISE, 247 D.N. RD, OPP ICIC BANK MUM 1, , MY BILL NO 1114 DT 14/8/9 P60 WITH TRIPOD CHARGER CASE N STRP, i paid RS 14900 with 2 month the camer gives a messge saying LENS ERRROR i immed went to the concern person and told him the prob...he says nothing is wrong.. I have shown this to the many shops where they says this is a defect camera...i see this guy sells a defect pcs...i have seen a compain about this shop posted above...I strongly recommed to look into this matter...

my no is [protected]
Beware of buying anything from Prerna:
Hi, my name is Madan Mohan Chakraborty, and I am a very serious amateur photographer. I am into this art for more than twenty years, and I have had my exhibition in various places of the world. As a profession, I work for a prestigious Tata Group organization as a senior executive. I am based of Calcutta.
Though I am a Canon user, recently, I had to buy a Nikon 300/F4 lens. The lens was not available with my Calcutta vendor Tanvir, and I was in Bombay. I purchased this lens from Prerna, and same day I returned to Calcutta. Prerna’s Rajesh Bhatiya ([protected]), insisted that the available lens is without paper, and also I save VAT which is more than almost 8, 000/-. However, as we are buying from grey for last 20 years, I didn’t think much.
On my return, I found that the lens is not always focusing perfectly, and a strange ghrrrr sound is coming when the lens is hunting even in broad day light high contrast situation. I immediately called Prerna’s Rajesh Bhatiya, and told the problem, His reply was strange, as he said, “you have checked the lens while buying, now what can I do?” This is a very costly lens, and he was aware about the problem. This business runs on trust, and I was amazed to see his conduct, even with people like us.
When I contacted Nikon, they said that Prerna is already Blacklisted, and no one should not buy anything from Prerna. Well, this is not an excuse to me, as Nikon has not done anything to inform people that Prerna is blacklisted.
I request all photographers in and around Bombay to raise their voice against this, and also boycott Prerna. I also request Nikon to consider this case and replace asap. However, I want all my photographer friends to help me in this regard in any way possible.
BEWARE of Prerna Enterprises. They have been blacklisted by Nikon because of their malpractices. I went to buy a Nikon Camera D3100 from them on 13/08/2011 (this is before I came to know they were blacklisted). One of the sales guys stepped out from the shop and got a brand new sealed nikon D3100 box when he came back. The store owner, think his name was Rajesh, (a sweet talking cheat) called him to the back of the store. They both disappeared behind the store for about 2 minutes and returned with the box opened. I suspected something fishy and asked him why the box had been opened. He said he wanted to make sure everything was in the box before he handed it to me. I checked the boxed items against the packing list and it all seemed to be there. I paid for the camera and left the store. However, instinct told me to check the box again. I examined the contents, camera and lens and to my shock I noticed that the lens was used and looked scruffed up. I immediately went back to the store and confronted him about it. He couldn't explained why he changed the lens but kept telling me I can pick out another lens. I demanded a new box to be opened in front of me and took the new lens from it.

Please stay away from this Store. I wonder how many poor souls have been duped by them. No wonder they have been blacklisted by Nikon as authorised sellers. Is it possible to shut them down ??
Hi My Name is Sanjay vyas, I have recently purchased one Nikon d90 from Prerna Enterprises and am very satisfied with my experience, In fact the product was in short supply in most of the other store i visited were demanding 10% higher than MRP and only except orders against advance . To my surprise also the dDSLR zone store RIA ENTERPRISES demaded higher rate than the MRP which is very shocking and upsetting in this age . The service and support received from PRERNA ENTERPRISES staff is world class . I would recomend my freinds to buy their requirements from this store as i saved almost 20%from the market rate and got it with 2 years warranty from NIKON INDIA

Complaint categoryCategory: Other